Reacties

nihon94 schreef op 22.09.2014 om 14:45 uur

You did not mention the Music Maker version without that I am just giving you some tips.

To turn Mono in to Stereo there are various ways such as:

1. Duplicate the mono objects paste them exactly at the same place but on the next track. If mono objects are on track one copy them on track two. You can balance the audio using Mixer controls.

2. Choose Effects/Audio/Audio Effects/Stereo Processor then from drop down menu choose Interchange channel or etc.

Save your project first then export in audio format.

nihon94

Procyon schreef op 22.09.2014 om 18:43 uur

The guitar and bass guitar ARE monophonic instruments.  Generally, the way to make them stereophonic is to add some sort of stereo effect(s) (stereo reverb, stereo delay, stereo chorus, stereo tremolo, etc...).

The Stereo Processor has absolutely no effect on mono tracks.  It only works on objects (or the entire arrangement) that already contains stereo properties.

Having two identical mono tracks, even panned hard left/right, results in a mono sound.  For there to be any stereophonic effect, there has to be some significant time, frequency or timbre based difference between the two mono tracks.  Making a volume difference between the two mono tracks will simply shift the "apparent mono image" towards the louder side.

johnebaker schreef op 22.09.2014 om 20:16 uur

Hi

Taking Nihon94's answer . . . Choose Effects/Audio/Audio Effects/Stereo Processor . . .  and expanding it

Select the option Both channels = . . . .  to duplicate the channel with the audio into the other channel.  You can the use the balance control to position the guitar on the audio stage.

HTH

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 22.09.2014, 20:16, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Procyon schreef op 23.09.2014 om 22:13 uur

OK....Now I understand what he is asking.

He has a stereo track with audio in one channel and no audio in the other channel.  After doing what johnebaker suggests, he will have a centered mono track which can then be panned to any location within a stereo soundstage.

At this point, my prior comments will become relevant.  Sorry for the confusion.

gandjcarr schreef op 23.09.2014 om 23:04 uur

Hi,

You can buy effects processors that can simulate stereo for mono tracks, but the ones that actually do a good job are very expensive (thousands of dollars) and are mostly used by recording studios.  Some electric guitars and bass guitars have a stereo output but that means putting them through two amplifiers, and either using a michrophone on each one or taking a line out from each to your mixer/recording device.  If you are recording with a microphone, either use two and set them about center stage angled left and right, or use a stereo microphone and record both signals on different tracks.  You can also simulate a stereo sound by using eq, delay, flanger, chorus or any number of effects on the left and right channel, but it will never be true stereo.  True stereo really needs to be recorded at the source.

George

tainadias schreef op 24.09.2014 om 13:21 uur

Great, I like this and it worked (Effects / Audio / Audio Effects / Stereo Processor). Many thanks to all friends who helped me on this issue :)