How is it, that an artist can take the music (prearranged by your company, clearly) and sell it as his own?

MikeSkis1989 schreef op 05.03.2012 om 08:15 uur

I love this song you guys used as a demo (still wish i knew the name of the original singer) and some hispanic  guy, Nello Fiorillo, went and used the music and recorded vocals over it. Is that legal, considering he never wrote the music, and is selling it for money? 

Your version---

His version--- 

mp3sale.ru/track.php?ms_trackid=3698332

Reacties

gandjcarr schreef op 05.03.2012 om 15:32 uur

Maybe Magix legal could give the legal answer, but I thought that the whole purpose of music maker was to allow you to do exactly what this person has done.  Music maker is just a series of recorded loops of various instruments.  The user actually organizes and arranges them into into a song.  So in a sense the person who did this is really making his own song using a bunch of loops.  The promo material certainly positions it as being "your own song'.  Just my opinion. 

smartsmurf schreef op 05.03.2012 om 19:49 uur

As far as I know... Magix changed the ownership rights with version 17... before that you actually owned what you bought with MMM...

If using a demo track is legal though... I'm not sure...

But let's come to the point here... Nello Fiorillo has other songs on his album and L'amore Spacca il Cuore is the only track where he uses this "technique"... besides that he knows how to sing and makes good music...

...maybe you're just jeaulous that you didn't come up with this idea.

But to be honest... we are only users like you... So you will have to ask your question directly to Magix.

P.S.:

btw... this so called "hispanic guy" is from Italy...

gandjcarr schreef op 05.03.2012 om 19:55 uur

Nice answer smartsurf. 

MikeSkis1989 schreef op 07.03.2012 om 11:13 uur

As far as I know... Magix changed the ownership rights with version 17... before that you actually owned what you bought with MMM...

If using a demo track is legal though... I'm not sure...

But let's come to the point here... Nello Fiorillo has other songs on his album and L'amore Spacca il Cuore is the only track where he uses this "technique"... besides that he knows how to sing and makes good music...

...maybe you're just jeaulous that you didn't come up with this idea.

But to be honest... we are only users like you... So you will have to ask your question directly to Magix.

P.S.:

btw... this so called "hispanic guy" is from Italy...

1st off i claim ignorance to this persons nationalism, so in that i apologize, But my point is, he used a preset loop of "samples" that was recorded as a demo song. If he is using it now as a song does he own rights? and yes maybe i should contact magix, but its not that big of a deal to me, i just like the original, and wish i knew of the original vocalist, because its one of my favorite tracks on my ipod. I produce my own music from scratch on mm15 premium, and have no desire to use prerecorded loops.

smartsmurf schreef op 07.03.2012 om 15:07 uur

1st off i claim ignorance to this persons nationalism

No problem at all... I'm just a language freak... so had to point at that...

and yes maybe i should contact magix

they're only ones who would know...

but its not that big of a deal to me

same to me...  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I produce my own music from scratch on mm15 premium, and have no desire to use prerecorded loops.

Prerecorded  loops are not a bad thing to get a foot into music production. There will be a desire to produce own sounds sooner or later... But no matter how good samples or own MIDI sounds are... if creativity is missing... they are worth nothing...

Can't see your songs here on magix...

Show us what you got !!!   ....