How do I sync audio and video when making a music video

underwoodjohn22 schreef op 15.10.2014 om 18:41 uur

I am using Movie Edit Pro 2014 Premium.   I want to do a vocal audio movie .  I have made a video singing to a master vocal mp3 track which plays perfectly in Magix and lip sync is very good as I have sung this song many times before.   

I have put the master mp3 track into Magix on track 2 and lined it up exactly with the audio on the video shot and it plays OK .

Now, the problem is, when I razor cut the unwanted section at the start of the clip and delete it ,  everything does out of sync .  Also if I cut a section from the clip to insert a fill in video clip sung to the same master mp3, I get a problem .  The video plays in sync up to and including the fill in clip but then everything goes out of sync when exiting the fill in and going back into the main part of the video .

Can anyone advise how to do a music video bringing in different clips and keeping in sync ? 

Is there a professional video on this subject ?  Spent hours trying different methods. Confused .   Thanks, John Underwood

Worked in the engineering industry for 30 years as Project Engineer, Marketing Manager and Senios Buyer .

Have a BSc Hon Degree in Mechanical Engineering .

Worked self employed for 10 years renovating and marketing houses for letting to university students.

For 33 years I was a 60's and country and western entertainer singer and guitarist and did hundreds of club and pub venues.  I still do a few gigs now and then.

I do all my backing tracks using Magix Audio and Cubase 5 music software.

I want to produce my own music videos as a hobby and decided to buy Magix Movie Edit Pro 2014.

Reacties

johnebaker schreef op 15.10.2014 om 19:45 uur

Hi

Where you make cuts and remove an unwanted section you are removing material from the video and shortening its overall length.

You have to replace the unwanted material you cut out with something to maintain the rest in sync with the music.

Try a different technique - put the music down first then bring in each clip individually and cut as necessary, allowing for crossfade or other none cut transitions between clips if you are using them.

HTH

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 15.10.2014, 19:45, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gandjcarr schreef op 15.10.2014 om 20:56 uur

Hi,

Just a thought, but why not just split the video tack only and rather than delete it, just drop the video level down to zero.  You must have something set so that the position of the video segment either goes to zero on the time line or somehow the video track is getting moved.  If you are removing segements of the video and do not want to affect the audio, then the tracks should not be grouped.  If you could do a video screen capture of a short segment of what you are doing and post it on youtube or vimeo, that would be helpful.

George