Reacties

Procyon schreef op 22.05.2014 om 18:16 uur

Unfortunately, the way you've asked your question makes absolutely no sense.  Could you please clarify exactly what it is you're trying to do?

DrXTC schreef op 22.05.2014 om 20:04 uur

I need to export my song in individual wave files (stems). I wish to have it mixed/mastered by outside source. However, I need to make sure that the stems are all of the same length and synchronized.  How can I verify this? Does this make sense now?

Procyon schreef op 22.05.2014 om 21:10 uur

Well, a little better, but not much.  I have no idea what a "stem" is, unless you're talking about plants.  Anyway...

In your arrangement, double-click on the end marker at the top of the arranger to make sure it is at the very end of your track.

Now, you can export each track individually by clicking on the "solo" button ("S" button) at the left end of the track.  Then export as a wav file as normal.  Do the exact same thing for each track.  Be sure to have only one solo button turned on at a time

When finished, you will have each of your tracks saved as an individual wav file.  Since the Start and End markers were at the very beginning and very end of the arrangement, each track willl be as long as the full arrangement including the "dead" spaces were there is no audio.  When reassembled in another music editor, everything should be aligned and in sync as the original arrangement was.

gandjcarr schreef op 22.05.2014 om 22:59 uur

Hi,

Stem mixing and mastering is kind of an old term and used mostly in studio recording.  When you use a product like music maker, you are basically dealing with tracks.  So for example, if you are recording 1 guitar and want to record the guitar clean, then create a "sub group or stem" that adds a effect to that guitar, you are going to need to do it on 2 tracks.  Some DAWs allow you to do this on a single track, but remember, Music Maker is a audio workstation but not a DAW in the classic sense.  So if all of your tracks are set up the way you want them and are in sync, then the material that you submit to have mixed/mastered to your outside supplier should be in sync if you follow Procyon's advice.

George