how can i copy at normal audio from a reel tape played @ 3 3/4 that was recorded @ 1 7/8

fcoburn schreef op 22.07.2012 om 17:02 uur

Need to copy 67 reels of tape recorded @1 7/8 using a player that has only 3 3/4 & 7 1/2 play back speeds.

Can this be done by using Audio Cleaning Lab Software. The end result is to convert from r2r tape to Cds' some 20 years of family audio corespondence.

Thanks

fcoburn@msn.com

Reacties

Procyon schreef op 23.07.2012 om 01:54 uur

Well, you didn't say which version of ACL you have, but I have to assume they all have the same features.

Look in the Edit menu for a feature called "Resampling/Time-stretching".  You should be able to time-stretch the audio that much.  However, that's a lot of stretching, and the results may not be as pleasant as you might like.

It would be better to find a r2r tape player that plays back at 1 7/8 i.p.s. (inches per second).

gandjcarr schreef op 26.07.2012 om 16:52 uur

Hi,

I agree with Procyon.  67 tapes digitized then time streched is going to take a lot of time and effort.  Check ebay and see what is available.  I just looked and they run from a couple of hundred dollars to $10k for a professional deck.  Just make sure that the ad is very clear that the unit is working for both playback and record and has the ability to hold the largest size reel that you have. 

I also remember that the old Akai reel to reel deck that I used to have had a tape speed switch to play at two speeds but it also had two adapters (a rubber roller and a metal roller) that would provide two more speeds for a total of 4 tape speeds.  Check if you have those two parts with your machine. 

Good luck,

George

Procyon schreef op 26.07.2012 om 18:45 uur

"I also remember that the old Akai reel to reel deck that I used to have had a tape speed switch to play at two speeds but it also had two adapters (a rubber roller and a metal roller) that would provide two more speeds for a total of 4 tape speeds." - gandjcarr

Unfortunately, over the years, it's items like these that are the first things to be lost.