Reacties

johnebaker schreef op 10.06.2014 om 20:31 uur

Hi

Very unlikely - as far as I can see the software s for editing still images and does not support video.

I would suggest you read the installed pdf manual to find out exactly what you can and cannot do woth Photo Designer.

To capture from video then you need software such as Movie Edit Pro - probably overkill for what you want - which is a full video editing suite and allows export of single frames from video.

There are several freeware programs which will capture stills from video, however there is a downside to this - the image resolution and qualty is at best reasonable however can be very poor.

HTH

John

Laatst gewijzigd door johnebaker op 10.06.2014, 20:31, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gandjcarr schreef op 10.06.2014 om 23:09 uur

Hi,

John is absolutely right, photo editing software is not really designed to handle video.  Most of the common applications that are out there handle pretty much still images exclusively.  Having said that and having used pretty much every photo editing software on the market (at least all of the really good ones) I can tell you that for basic photo editing, Photo Designer is very very good.  I use it for simple quick edits and I use Xara Designer Pro for more complex edits.  I have and rarely use Photoshop because I don't like the complexity of the product or the work flow.  By the way, what video editing software are you using.  Most, including Movie Edit Pro allow you to capture still images from video so something you already have may be capable of doing what you want.

George