Reacties

browj2 schreef op 21.11.2014 om 20:32 uur

Hi,

Yes it can, but I can't recommend purchasing VSCL2014. See this message and other messages about VSCL that I have posted. If you have version 1, then it is great. If you already have VSCL2014 and can't exchange it for AML2014 Premium, then try to live with it.

When you open VSCL, under the Import tab you see Video files, Audio files and Record, thus there is no requirement to bring in a video file. You can simply import an audio file, or record a new one.

VSCL2014 is essentially the same as Audio Cleaning Lab 2014 with the added advantage of seeing the video while cleaning. This is all it does with the video part; you view it. The export from VSCL is an mp3 or wav that you use to over-ride the original sound that is still with the video.

For anyone else looking at this message, in Move Edit Pro, you bring in the video and then bring in the cleaned audio and align them. Then you turn off or mute the audio that came with the video.

Laatst gewijzigd door browj2 op 21.11.2014, 20:32, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

gandjcarr schreef op 22.11.2014 om 16:59 uur

Hi,

To add to John's comments, the version I have of video sound cleaning lab used to have one very powerful feature which I understand has since been removed from the product.  That feature was "spectral cleaning" Spectral cleaning allows you to have very precise control over the frequencies that you removed or reduced over the entire audio spectrum.  I have no idea why Magix removed it.  Without this feature, you might as well just download and use "Audacity" which is a free product, has lots of plug-ins and far more capabilities than most audio editors.  It is a little more complicated to use, but once you get used to it, you can achieve pretty amazing results.  I usually use audacity for any audio cleaning that needs to be done, and only go back to my old version of Video Sound Cleaning Lab if I need to use spectral cleaning.

George

browj2 schreef op 22.11.2014 om 18:21 uur

@George

Hi George,

AML2014 Premium has spectral cleaning, but only the non-destructive version. Once I figured this out and used it, I stopped complaining so much about losing the destructive, but detailed, tool.

The latter allows you to hear what is going to be removed before accepting the change, however once accepted, there is no going back. It does have some very nice additional features for fine-tuning for more precision.

The non-destructive version allows you to zoom in and select the part you want to change and hear the clean version before accepting the change. Then if you don't like it, an undo takes care of it. This is probably as much as most users want or need to do to get rid of a click or other distortion.

Remember, spectral cleaning is to remove short but obvious distortions, not for anything long. 

Still, it's too bad that Magix removed the tool. I have complained; others should as well. I think that the Samplitude Pro end has both tools in its kit, but only after major complaints from users.

If a user really needs more than just the simple spectral cleaning, then one can always go to Izotope Rx or something else high end and expensive. Of course as you say, Audacity is free.

I do like the other tools and effects in AML and the possibility to add in VST plugins. I use AML for more than cleaning video sound, such as for recording, cleaning and exporting LP's and cassettes.

But definitely, one should stay away from VSCL2014.

Regards,

Laatst gewijzigd door browj2 op 22.11.2014, 18:21, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

gandjcarr schreef op 23.11.2014 om 02:48 uur

@John

Hi John,

Spectral cleaning can be used for longer segments, it is just very time consuming and "fussy" to get it done.  It is usually easier and faster to use the audacitiy noise removal function because you can call pretty much anything you want "noise" and it does a pretty decent but not perfect job.  So for clients with extreme background "noise or other audio" I use both to minimize it.  Never can get rid of it completely, but most clients are happy with the massive reduction of the unwanted sound.  It really is all about how much time you want to spend doing it, and in my case how much time the client want to pay for to get it done.

The iZotope RX Advanced product is excellent, but at almost $1200 a little rich for my business.  I do mostly consumer, and low to mid range corporate videos and the budgets just don't allow for some of the higher end tools.

George

ssly3333 schreef op 25.11.2014 om 07:21 uur

Thanks you so much to all who have given answers!!!  I downloaded VSCL 1.0  instead of getting the 2014 version. Thanks for the advise.

How much is "Spectralcleaning"? Is that Spectral a program or is part of VSCL? I have the regular Samplitude 2014 but not Samplitude Pro. Does my Spectral cleaning have Spectral cleaning or a cleaning software included with it?

Regards,

Stephen

ssly3333 schreef op 29.11.2014 om 03:47 uur

Thanks everyone. I did not buy the 2014 Cleaing Lab, I got the older one as you recommended Browj2. You save me some good bucks.

This problem question has been resolved for me. Bye.

ssly3333 schreef op 28.12.2014 om 23:08 uur

Thanks to all who gave answers. This question can now be closed.