Reacties

cpc000cpc schreef op 14.11.2014 om 07:28 uur

glenn2,

I presume you are asking if you can use MEP to edit material shot at the same time with two cameras. This is possible if you have the 'Plus' or 'Premium' versions of the program:

Multicam editing for up to 4 cameras simultaneously

Regards,

Carl

gandjcarr schreef op 15.11.2014 om 17:16 uur

Hi glenn2,

I would like a little more information about exactly what you are trying to do.  Carl gave a great answer but he had to assume he understood what you are really asking.  I could make a different assumption and tell you that you could edit as many camera angles as you wanted (based on the number of available tracks) as long as you could place the tracks in such a way as to have them all be in synch.  While Multicam editing is the easiest and simplest way to deal with multiple camera angles of the same event, it is not the only way.  It is possible to edit 2, 4, 8 or more video angles provided all cameras are running at the same time and can be synchronized on a track by track basis.  Having said this, consumer level programs present a big challenge in synchronization.  Magix Multicam has taken this to a higher level by allowing up to 4 cameras in the "Plus" or "Premium" versions.  Professional based editors have some more flexibility, through the use of time code and TBCs so it really depends on what you are trying to do.

So for example, if you filmed a scene with say people walking on the beach and you wanted to insert a scene of a pelican flying over them that was not actually in the original scene, that would be very different than if you had one camera filming the people walking, and another filming the pelican flying overhead.  The way you would edit these two examples are totally different, so really the answer to your current question is "yes and no".

A little more detail on what you actually want to accomplish would likely help you get a more concrete answer to your question.

George