Can anyone tell me the secret to uploading a video to show and discuss

gandjcarr schreef op 16.10.2012 om 19:59 uur

Hi,

This morning I uploaded a MP4 video as a test to show and discuss and it uploaded just fine.  This afternoon I uploaded another MP4 file, and all that was there is Audio.  Am I missing something?

System Quad Core AMD Phenom, 6GB ram, 300GB available disc, windows 7 64 bit.

I just don't get this section of the forum.

George

Reacties

terrypin schreef op 16.10.2012 om 20:21 uur

Hi George,

Did you use Flashplayer as we discussed in this thread?
http://www.magix.info/uk/help-uploading-videos-to-show-discuss.knowledge.811582.html

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Laatst gewijzigd door terrypin op 16.10.2012, 20:21, in totaal 1 keer gewijzigd.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

john-auvil schreef op 16.10.2012 om 20:30 uur

I have wondered what the best format would be for uploading. I know I can export out as a flash (.flv) file, but I usually do everything in Windows Media (.wmv) and let the site process the conversion. I do this because I keep these small tutorial videos and I don't to eat a lot of space for them, so this was my preferred method.

I haven't really put anything on Show and Discuss before though, I am assuming it all works the same way.

gandjcarr schreef op 16.10.2012 om 22:08 uur

Thanks John and Terry,

I did upload a standard MP4 file earlier today and it uploaded just fine.  I just acquiesed and exported the production as a MP4 flash file (because a standard flash file is not accepted as a valid format).  It has been "processing for about 15 minutes so we'll see what happens.

What I don't get is this:

The next question is how to get a picture on the uploaded video.

Thank you guys.

George

gandjcarr schreef op 16.10.2012 om 22:19 uur

Someone really needs to write some basic guidelines on how to use show and discuss.  Nothing is spelled out, it is all hit and miss and asking questions on the forum.  Why is that?  Most if not all other forums that I participate on are pretty clear on how to do things.  This one has no instructions other than a very vague set of guidelines that are almost impossible to find that tell you all the information you should provide before asking a question.

The moderators are really good at pointing people to those guidelines, but they should not be hidden in some obscure place, they should be at the very top of the page every time you log in.

gandjcarr schreef op 16.10.2012 om 22:38 uur

Hooray,

It worked, thank you guys.

My video is up, and it has a picture. I am actually pretty proud of this one and would appreciate comments and input.  http://www.magix.info/us/a-short-trip-to-outer-space.video.861319.html?hash=7cf12f07e0f6aa417aed8673ce9f1d3c&site=1&sitelimit=24

Thank you,

George

terrypin schreef op 17.10.2012 om 09:18 uur

What I don't get is this:

That's what I said in my post 2012-09-23 04 at
http://www.magix.info/uk/test-2nd-attempt.video.818786.html

(Did you see that?)

Experience has shown that it doesn't much increase the chance of getting any changes made, but I'd recommend you also spell out your suggestions via the Feedback button as I've done.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Laatst gewijzigd door terrypin op 17.10.2012, 09:19, in totaal 3 keer gewijzigd.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

nirvanray schreef op 17.10.2012 om 09:51 uur

Well George I dont have any answers but this post is just to appretiate your modesty. All these time we felt that you knew all, a master in MAGIX and editing but it really impressed me that you are so open if you too have some doubt and ask us. Great buddy.