Sound Forge Pro Mac Trial and Acid files creation

Belibat ha scritto il 22.12.2021 ore 13:07

Hey everyone!

I'm new to Sound Forge Pro so I'd like to ask you a couple questions.
I mainly need Sound Forge Pro to create ACID files from audio loops.
I downloaded the Mac Trial, since I wanted to have a try before buying the full license.
First problem: I was able to download Sound Forge Pro 3.0.0, while the main website says the latest version is number 15

Second (maybe related to the previous one): I tried following this guide to create acid files http://soundforge.helpmax.net/en/how-do-i/creating-acid-loops/
The problem is my SFP 3.0.0 Trial doesn't sport the same menù items as indicated in the guide. For example I can't find the Edit Tempo dialog in Options > Status Format.

Is this related to the fact that I'm running a demo? So maybe it's limited?
If I buy the full license will I get a full functioning and up to date Mac version (15 maybe)? Or is the Mac side which is still at 3.0.0 as for the newest?

I really look forward to hear from you and any help would be much appreciated.
Wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Commenti

SP. ha scritto il 22.12.2021 ore 13:26

@Belibat The Mac OS version stopped development some years ago. It's not going to get updated and doesn't even work on modern Mac OS versions. I would suggest you not to get the software for Mac.

I don't know if there are differences between the demo version and your guide but I would guess there is a manual in the help menu of the program.

Belibat ha scritto il 22.12.2021 ore 13:39

Hey @SP.

Thanks for your quick reply.
I checked the guide inside my trial software but it doesn't mention acid loops.

Would that mean I can't create acid loops on the Mac version?
If anybody knows something about it I would be grateful.
i will surely not buy the software if it can't do that. And unfortunately I have no windows computers to run the pc version..