Xaras support sucks, so does it support web page

borrfors wrote on 4/21/2014, 9:31 AM

I am getting so frustrated.

I love Xara Web Designer 9 Premium, even if the fointhandling sucks. But when it comes to Xaras web support site it is really bad, (read extermely hard to find topics and not pedagogical at all). This is things I tried to fix.

1: I posted support question, but never get any answers.

2: I tried to make e-mail accounts, but it is inpossible to log in to Xaras web based e-mail reader, because the passwords you assigned to each account is´nt recognized.

3; I tried to download the pdf based manual for my program (Xara Web Designer 9 Premium), but it stops when 7% isa downloaded. I t is the same in different web readers.

4: It is very difficult to find topics, especially questions you posted and other matters on the xaera web sites.

It is real,ly sad that a company with so many good softwares can´t make support websites that is easy to follow.

5: I tried to activate the software I bought, but my serial number is not recognized, so it is impossible to do it.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/21/2014, 12:20 PM

Hi,

1. Where did you post the questions to? Magix support on their web site? That is the place. When you submit your inquiry, you will receive immediately a confirmation email with a ticket number. You can reply to this asking for the status. Make sure that their email did not go to your junk mail folder or spam box.
  2. How did you make the email accounts? In https://www.magix-online.com/us/ and then log in and then select Email and login to your email account? If so, then the user name and password should be remembered by the program. You may have have mixed up your passwords if they don't work.
  3. Keep trying, usually this is a not a problem with Magix but with something else. I can't help you. In the meantime, use the on-screen help in Xara. Press on F1. It is the same as the pdf manual.
  4. Where did you post your questions to and where are you looking for topics? In this forum? Which Xara websites are you talking about? There is the http://www.talkgraphics.com/ forum that is excellent for Xara. Look at the section Xara Web Design chat. There is a wealth of information and help available there. In Magix support, there is a section on FAQ that can be searched by category. I have no problem searching and reviewing the Q&A under FAQ or Find an answer. Just do not expect to find answers to questions that no one asked.
  5. I presume that you purchased the program on line, in which case you will have received an email with the serial number. Copy and paste the serial number in the activation screen, taking care to not duplicate the P or P2 at the beginning. If there is already a P or a P2 shown on the activate screen, don't duplicate it. Make sure that you are connected to the internet and that your firewall is not blocking access to Magix or Xara.

Last changed by browj2 on 4/21/2014, 12:20 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos