Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Dave-Wallin-Eddy wrote on 2/17/2023, 10:44 PM

Quirks (?) with some items sending me to a page for Xara Web Designer + version 22. If this is a Magix sale why am I being directed to Xara to purchase a subscription? Likewise I am trying to insert a widget and this pops up:

It looks like your current version doesn’t support the selected widget from within the internal browser window. Get access by visiting the service directly or by updating to the latest version of Xara Web Designer+ or Xara Designer Pro+

As I just started with this the other day there may be other items to redirect me to the Xara website. I guess my base question is the latest version seems to be V19.0.165946 but the latest version over at Xara is 22. Is there an update at Magix somewhere for 22 or did I just buy a slightly crippled old version of the software directly from Magix?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/18/2023, 3:12 AM

@Dave-Wallin-Eddy

Hi

. . . . the latest version seems to be V19.0.165946 but the latest version over at Xara is 22 . . . . did I just buy a slightly crippled old version of the software directly from Magix . . . .

There are two streams of product - the Xara fully featured version, currently at v22, and the Magix less featured version currently at v19.

The message states the widget is for Xara Web Designer+ or Xara Designer Pro+ neither of which are the product you have.

Widgets for Xara Web Designer Premium are those available in the Online gallery within the program.

If you specifically need the Xara widget then contact Magix at infoservice@magix.net for a refund on Web Designer and buy the appropriate Xara v22 program.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

browj2 wrote on 2/18/2023, 6:51 AM

@Dave-Wallin-Eddy

Hi,

Xara+ is a Cloud-based subscription. Depending on which flavour you select, you also get the desktop version. As far as I know, the desktop version is the same as that distributed by Magix.

The Cloud version gets updates and new features more often than the desktop version for obvious reasons. If not obvious to you, Xara can just add more to the Cloud version very quickly, no need to compile an executable version, test, recompile, repeat then distribute. That is a time-consuming and expensive process, so it's only done infrequently. They are not going to update the desktop version every time that they add or tweak some new little feature.

I suggest that you review everything in detail on the Xara.com site. You can also ask on the TalkGraphics forum what users think of the two methods. There are many discussions. Many users, like me, don't want to pay for a subscription, so they go for the desktop version - distributed by Magix.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Dave-Wallin-Eddy wrote on 2/18/2023, 9:49 AM

Thank you for the answers. Misleading info across the board for someone who has not used this item before. Before I purchased I landed on the Xara site where it said that all purchases were to be made via Magix UNLESS you wanted a month subscription. Which I do not...also this service included cloud hosting and a domain and other things I do not need. Having said this the info on the Magix site ALSO states these things are available. (i.e: "Xara Web Designer also includes an integrated solution for hosting your website on the domain of your choice", "Xara Web Designer Premium includes one full year of access to the Xara Online Content Catalog" "Every day. Today, tomorrow and for the next 365 days, your website will always have the latest look! Our Update Service is included for free and offers you one full year of automatic software updates with brand-new features")

So I get what is being said however it is misleading on both fronts. Xara sends people to Magix unless you want to pay per month and Magix does not say the version the sell is "older" and some items are "crippled" As I said, and John repeated, "The message states the widget is for Xara Web Designer+ or Xara Designer Pro+ neither of which are the product you have." That is exactly my point. This option should not even be available in what Magix is selling if it is not available. As John indicated, what they sell is a "less featured version" but you don't see that as a sales point.

Not asking for a refund because I need a widget, was posting to see about an answer to my question about WHY the message was popping up and why the internal links for Web Designer Premium end up on the Xara website telling me to purchase the plus version. (i.e: "Web Designer+ is a new subscription option sold & supported by the team at Xara")

Anyway, thank you for the responses. It did answer my questions.

johnebaker wrote on 2/18/2023, 10:19 AM

@Dave-Wallin-Eddy

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

Out of curiosity - which link(s) go to the Xara website saying to purchase the plus version or is this a pop-up usually in the bottom right corner of the screen?

John EB.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Dave-Wallin-Eddy wrote on 2/18/2023, 11:38 AM

@johnebaker

1. Help > Introductions... only returns an error message
2. Help > Movies sends you to the main Xara page for "Web Designer+" with a link in the upper corner to try or buy
3. Help > More Xara Web Designer Premium > Xara Web Designer Home sends you to https://www.xara.com/uk/web-designer/ (Web Designer+ page saying "NEW: Web Designer+ 22.5, available direct from Xara")
4. Help > More Xara Web Designer Premium > Online Forum sends you to http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?57
5. Help > More Xara Web Designer Premium > Support sends you to https://help.xara.com/ which will eventually leads you to the updates pages "https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara_desktop/news_&_updates/version-22/version-22-0-update.html"

And the one I originally posted is founds via Components > Print and Web Components > Audio/Video > You Tube which I did because of the help file (Help > Xara Web Designer Premium Help) (which does say for support go you support.magix.net) says

Alternatively you can use some of the widgets in the Online Content Catalog to present your movies instead. This way you have more control over the presentation. See "Components" > "Print and Web Components" > "Audio / Video
johnebaker wrote on 2/18/2023, 2:08 PM

@Dave-Wallin-Eddy

Hi

Taking your items in order:

1. This should take you the Online Catalog Introduction page where there is a 'widget'.

2. Correct - ignore the top right, it is the videos below which are valid for both versions.

3. This I believe is an error.

4. This is the original Xara forum, the majority the content also applies to the Magix versions, however you will find it difficult to navigate and search.

5. The online help can be a pain - the downloadable the PDF manual is better - second item under Help.

Correction:

With respect to the YT widget vs using the Audio/Video widget, the Widget does not work, however it is possible to embed code you can get from YT into a placeholder, is better than the Video/Audio widget. The only downside is your viewer may see adverts associated with your video.

YT create various resolutions of your uploaded video for viewers with different Internet connection speeds.

There is also Vimeo for hosting videos and they too give you embed codes.

The Video/Audio widget does work, however you have to be careful of:

• the amount of space available in your domain space on the hosting server
  • the video resolutions you upload with it
  • the video clips must have been exported with the 'streamable' tag enabled.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/18/2023, 2:28 PM, changed a total of 1 times.