Xara Web Designer

Antony-Wootten wrote on 12/27/2020, 5:54 AM

Hi, totally confused newbie here. I bought the pro version of Xara Website Designer, which doesn't appear in the list of topics when creating a post here, so presumably, for some reason, this forum doesn't cover it. So, my first question is where can I get some help with Xara Website Designer? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll be very grateful.

In case I can get some help with Xara Website Designer here, I'm struggling with the photo slideshows. Basically, there aren't any in the online content catalogue. have read online that there are some slideshow widgets stored under Page Elements > Photos > Photo Slideshows, but I cannot find that section in the online content catalogue.

I would be happy to buy an assets pack, and, although I can see them on the Magix website, there doesn't seem to be any way to buy one!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 12/27/2020, 7:00 AM

@Antony-Wootten

Hi

I have moved your post to the correct section of the forum - Internet &Technology, Web Designer.

If you have used programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Publisher, then Web Designer is similar in operation when designing and add text, images etc to the pages ie drag and drop.

There are several tutorials on using the program on Youtube though they may refer to older versions, the principles are the same - this should give you a start.

Things to note:

1. The actual website is not created until you 'Publish' it.

2. You will only see one html file - index.html and a folder as shown below. Both the HTML page and the folder and contents must be uploaded to your host.
  3. Do not change the name of the index.htm file - all web servers expect the home page to be called this.

4. The other pages in the site can be named appropriately, however only use the characters a - z, 0 - 9 and the underscore _ or hyphen - . Spaces can be used however they are not recommended.

5. You can use the built-in FTP program to upload the site to the host, however if you want to check the site operates as intended then you need to Export the site to a folder on your PC and test that.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/27/2020, 7:00 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.