Xara Designer Pro X Cache Issue

Frank-Turben wrote on 10/22/2020, 5:44 PM

I have been using your products for years.  Currently I am using Designer Pro X.   I have a web site I created that each time I make a major change on the site & publish it, the owner of the site (or anyone who been on the site recently) has to clear browsing data & then refresh each page because the page displays very strangely.  The font is sometimes very large and the page sometimes shows double content and a few other things.  I have noticed this more often with the later versions of the product.  He is very frustrated with me.  Is there something I can do to remedy this issue?

Here is the site:  https://www.milesmwp.com/index.htm

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 10/23/2020, 11:00 AM

@Frank-Turben

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please note this is a user to user forum not Magix Support, therefore it is not our product.

The issue is out of your control, web browsers cache page(s), the next time the site/page(s) are visited the browser will load from the cache if there are no changes, however if there are changes the browser should download a complete new page, when this fails you get a mix of old and new and other odd effects.

If the browser cache is not cleared regularly it will slow down the browser.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.