Xara Designer Pro "Updater" doesn't work

Gene_S wrote on 6/7/2021, 1:14 PM

When I start Xara Designer Pro X 18 or click on the "Help>Check for Updates" link, the update window opens, but only shows the Xara icon and "Xara Designer Pro X 18" at the very top of the box, but nothing happens. I disabled the Norton 360 Firewall and Auto-Protect, but that didn't help. My internet connection is good. The program connects to the "Content Catalog" with no problem (other than being slow). My subscription is good through November 2021 and shows up as active on my Magix and Xara profiles. I hadn't been using the program much for the last 9(?) months or so, but am ready to start using it again. I think the updater stopped working on version X16 about 12(?) months ago, but I'm not sure. When I installed version X17 about 6 months ago, the updater still did not work. Today I manually uninstalled version X17, re-booted the computer, then installed version X18. The updater still does not work. I went to the command prompt and cleared the winsox cache (I can't remember the exact command) per a suggestion I found for when the program is not connecting to the network properly, but that didn't change anything. I'm running the most current (not the update preview) version of Window 10-64bit on an i7-6700K quad 4008Mhz processor with 32Gb Ram and lots of open space on the SSD's. No problem with any of the other many programs on the computer, including CAD. I think I may have seen an email about a year(?) ago about the updater, but I can't find it. There are 2 different sub-process(?) Xara updater services that show up as running under the parent prosses under "Processes" in the Task Manage (dated 2/11/2021 and 3/1/2021 so they're the new ones). Any suggestions? Thank you, Gene

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...