WTF

Joel-Bedford wrote on 10/16/2022, 10:36 AM

I had great memories of using Acid Pro back in the day, so I purchased and reinstalled it. What a waste of time. No improvements to UI, a beyond-slow file explorer, compatibility issues with Windows 10 and 11, and while updating itself, it restarted my computer then disappeared (as in its no longer installed).

How is Magix still selling this crap??

Comments

Former user wrote on 10/16/2022, 11:14 AM

@Joel-Bedford Brother you are spot on ! If you still have time, get a REFUND.

With that said, there is a (supposed) update in the works to fix the multiple problems that plague AP. Get your REFUND and then watch this forum to see if the 'update' solves these issues ...and if it does, then maybe try AP again....? One other thing, be careful as the moderators don't take kindly when one calls out Magix for what they are. Cheers

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/16/2022, 12:10 PM

@Joel-Bedford @Former user

Hello, welcome

The Moderators do not shut down comments when users are being constructive, customers are allowed to get annoyed, but yes insults are a waste of time and get you nowhere, so contact infoservice@magix.net for further assistance asking for refund.

For now I use Acid Pro 7.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Joel-Bedford wrote on 10/16/2022, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. With all due respect, the license agreement that I clicked after paying entitled me to basic functionalities of the software to be working correctly in exchange for charging me X amount of $.

An extremely slow browser and a program that somehow uninstalls itself is beyond what I would deem as finished, sellable software. This doesn’t even constitute as beta version.

i don’t doubt that this is fixable, but until it’s actually fixed, I don’t think that this software should be made available to the general public.

Again, when I worked with this software 20 years ago it was excellent and stable. There’s no excuse for selling the same code in a newer box in 2022 when it underperforms the original.

SP. wrote on 10/16/2022, 1:59 PM

@Joel-Bedford It works fine for me.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 10/20/2022, 9:27 AM

Hello, welcome

The Moderators do not shut down comments when users are being constructive, customers are allowed to get annoyed, but yes insults are a waste of time and get you nowhere, so contact infoservice@magix.net for further assistance asking for refund.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

"For now I use Acid Pro 7 (Sony creative software product) magix are on Acid Pro 11 which so many of us have purchased. Since Acid 8 us loyal frustrated People have paid for all the upgrades that haven't worked(Making us pay to be Beta testers, shouldn't it be paid to be beta tester)

Well that says it all. When the man I charge jumps in like a defender of the MONARCH chopping of peasants arms and legs, I'm Joking not being Hurt full bullying..But it's so sad t when the forum moderator edits posts or deletes at will if someone criticised the company or the product. How will the bosses ever know whats being said when they only getting the editorial forum posts.

IF someone is calling out a user for being #​##£#£)#&​£%%​​​​​​@​​​​​@(you don't have to edit) or the post is irrelevant load of rubbish then that different.

Deleting parts of a post in CAPITALS (shouting is not productive), as spending £1000s on non productive software is.

WHEN THE EDITOR POSTS (SHOUTS) HOW GOOD ACID PRO 20 IS we all might be happy.

Former user wrote on 10/20/2022, 11:18 AM

@LooneyBinJim Great to see you back, Jim. One day they MAY fix this software...Cheers

SP. wrote on 10/20/2022, 12:23 PM

@LooneyBinJim Like already suggested in some threads, try the free Waves Studio Rack plugin and host all other VST plugins inside the Studio Rack. This will circumvent a lot of the crashes caused by the buggy VST plugin integration in ACID and the software should run a lot more stable.

Clay256 wrote on 10/20/2022, 12:33 PM

Magix is an embarrassment to their entire industry. You will find the exact same complaints about all their other products. Magix simply has no morals and has the worst developers in the industry.

Get a refund as soon as you can, and thank you for posting this thread to prevent Magix from taking more people's money for a broken product.

Clay256 wrote on 10/20/2022, 12:35 PM

Hello, welcome

Stephen

Forum Moderator

"For now I use Acid Pro 7 (Sony creative software product) magix are on Acid Pro 11 which so many of us have purchased. Since Acid 8 us loyal frustrated People have paid for all the upgrades that haven't worked(Making us pay to be Beta testers, shouldn't it be paid to be beta tester)

Well that says it all. When the man I charge jumps in like a defender of the MONARCH chopping of peasants arms and legs, I'm Joking not being Hurt full bullying..But it's so sad t when the forum moderator edits posts or deletes at will if someone criticised the company or the product. How will the bosses ever know whats being said when they only getting the editorial forum posts.

IF someone is calling out a user for being #​##£#£)#&​£%%​​​​​​@​​​​​@(you don't have to edit) or the post is irrelevant load of rubbish then that different.

Deleting parts of a post in CAPITALS (shouting is not productive), as spending £1000s on non productive software is.

WHEN THE EDITOR POSTS (SHOUTS) HOW GOOD ACID PRO 20 IS we all might be happy.

The moderators on here are so defensive and sensitive about their precious faceless corporation. That's insane he straight up said "I refuse to use any of the ACID versions made by Magix on Magix.info but you aren't allowed to criticize Magix."

Clay256 wrote on 10/20/2022, 12:37 PM

Thanks for the replies. With all due respect, the license agreement that I clicked after paying entitled me to basic functionalities of the software to be working correctly in exchange for charging me X amount of $.

An extremely slow browser and a program that somehow uninstalls itself is beyond what I would deem as finished, sellable software. This doesn’t even constitute as beta version.

i don’t doubt that this is fixable, but until it’s actually fixed, I don’t think that this software should be made available to the general public.

Again, when I worked with this software 20 years ago it was excellent and stable. There’s no excuse for selling the same code in a newer box in 2022 when it underperforms the original.

It is just the new owners. If a fancy restaurant fires all the employees and replaces them with cooks from Burger King the food quality is not going to be to the same standard.

It is fixable but no one at Magix is capable of fixing it. They should sell this IP to a real company.

Clay256 wrote on 10/20/2022, 12:39 PM

Hello, welcome

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Why are you moderating a forum for a company whose product you don't even use? Sony ACID 7 is not a Magix product and this is magix.info not ACIDPlanet.

SP. wrote on 10/20/2022, 1:22 PM

@Clay256 Just try the Waves Studio Rack VST and test if it helps with stability.

Clay256 wrote on 10/20/2022, 1:32 PM

@Clay256 Just try the Waves Studio Rack VST and test if it helps with stability.

No work around is going to help the problems I have with ACID. I didn't use it for a long time for obvious reasons and even doing something like opening ACID with no instruments at all or effects loaded and just trying to play around with the piano roll and groove pool to learn how it works again causes a crash. It crashes with no VST plugins. Completely unusable for me.

SP. wrote on 10/20/2022, 1:40 PM

@Clay256 Have you tried to run it under Windows 8 compatibility mode? Some users reported it helps with stability.

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/20/2022, 1:50 PM

@Clay256

That's insane he straight up said "I refuse to use any of the ACID versions made by Magix.

Where did I say that I refuse to use any of the Acid products made by Magix, I have tried the later trial versions and decided to stay with Acid Pro 7 for now, it's not illegal. It's a choice even by a customer.

Lots of customers go back to an earlier version of Magix software programs as it was more stable until the latest version had been corrected, would you rather I told lies or was upfront with Users.

My role also includes contacting Magix on users behalf to ask questions of when the software issues will be resolved.

As I said any constructive criticism be it negative feedback is valuable feedback to organisations in order to make improvements in this case using patches or updates etc with the latest software.

Bear in mind due to pandemic for last two years, some staff have been working from home, this obviously brings delays to such troubleshooting and diagnostics.

Download the trial version first before paying full price for the latest version.

I sympathize with your frustration and annoyance.

@Joel-Bedford

I agree with you 100%, by paying for a product it should be able to carry out all tasks without issue.

As I mentioned if your not happy with product request a refund.

Stephen

Forum Moderator 

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 10/20/2022, 1:58 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

Clay256 wrote on 10/20/2022, 2:15 PM

@Clay256 Have you tried to run it under Windows 8 compatibility mode? Some users reported it helps with stability.

Yes, I tried that and it didn't change anything. I even tried running under compatibility mode for the other windows versions.

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/20/2022, 3:01 PM

@Clay256

Here for example is recent advice to users of Sound Forge.

"Unfortunately, Sound Forge Pro 16 (and 16.1 has numerous issues with VST plug-ins... Many of us use SFP-15 (or earlier), until the SFP-16 VST bugs are fixed."

so yes that seems to be the option for users to stick to an earlier version.

I hope I have explained to you in detail and that you fully understand.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

Clay256 wrote on 10/20/2022, 3:09 PM

@Clay256

Here for example is recent advice to users of Sound Forge.

"Unfortunately, Sound Forge Pro 16 (and 16.1 has numerous issues with VST plug-ins... Many of us use SFP-15 (or earlier), until the SFP-16 VST bugs are fixed."

so yes that seems to be the option for users to stick to an earlier version.

I hope I have explained to you in detail and that you fully understand.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

So do you recommend people pay money for any version of ACID made by Magix?

PATIENT-X wrote on 10/20/2022, 3:16 PM

@Clay256

Hello, welcome

I would simply advise you to do your homework before purchasing any software.

Goodnight

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

5in LCD Screen

Former user wrote on 10/20/2022, 4:15 PM

@Clay256,@LooneyBinJim,@Joel-Bedford ...There is NOTHING any of you (or myself) have said that is untrue, This is a POS software. The company's responsibility to it's customers, with out a doubt, is in question on many levels for good reason. I, like many of you, no longer use AP except to dig up old file for clients ...and if they DO get AP fixed it will mean retrieving old file won't be as painful as it currently is.

With all of that said, we need to end this thread. If we don't it will be ended for us...it falls under the category of a 'rant' and the ever present 'moderators' (kind as they may be) won't let it continue. i.e there is nothing 'Constructive' on this thread.

Your & my frustration with this software & company are TOTALLY Justified! ALL THE VERY BEST to each and everyone of you.! Kindest Regards...Max