Comments

XXMerosticXX wrote on 10/14/2008, 4:27 AM
Uhm...so what do you expect us to do now?

Again:
This is a community, not the Magix support. Members helping members, members explaining stuff to members, members showing media to members, members giving answers to questions asked by members.

It is not guaranteed that one of the support-guys comes along and answers your question at all.

If you want to make sure to get someone from the support, you'll have to write a mail to them or visit http://support.magix.net !

Furthermore, what's this question about? It is not helpful for you, neither for someone else.

Ask your question about the MP3 Maker here. If you get no answer, you'll have to be patient or contact the support. It won't be helpful at all to complain about the support here....
NoTurning wrote on 10/14/2008, 8:33 AM

I'm sorry you're having trouble,
Magix support right now is sadly lacking... I think that's part of the reason for this community. Unfortunately this site is broken as much as it works and makes it very hard to keep up with helping each other.

Mr Lethal is right though... this is not support so if a question went unanswered here then it's most likely that we don't know the answer. An unanswered question here is not the fault of Magix support.

I hope you get your problem resolved,
Justin

falling_starz wrote on 10/15/2008, 9:56 AM
I suggest you to click the option on the up right wich says feedback and then it will open a window where you can put your question right to the Magix's Team and on what concerns to me, i always get a useful answer from them.