wont open

Rusty-Cole wrote on 4/7/2020, 12:37 PM

Windows 8.1. All of a sudden after years of using acid pro 7 it wont start. it is greyed out on the task bar after I click on it. This is the 3rd time i have posted and waiting for a response. I have tried reinstalling 3 times and now it says error during transfer. But this is after it greyed out and wouldnt work. frustrated. please respond. Email removed by moderator. thanks

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/7/2020, 1:29 PM

@Rusty-Cole

First, please understand this is a user to user forum, not a contact for Magix Support. I suspect the lack of answers may well be because no other user can actually help, perhaps because your version of Acid is now rather "old", to say the least. Hence there is no point at all in making multiple posts. There is a link to contact Magix Support via the Support link in the header of every forum page, though whether they will be able to help with your version I really do not know.

Second, you will see I have removed your email address from your post. This is a public forum and thus to reveal confidential, personal data of any kind, like your email address, is to invite spambots to harvest it.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mjn3 wrote on 4/8/2020, 10:43 AM

Are other audio programs working? Perhaps ACID is graying out because no audio device is available? I don't know just a quick thought. BTW - I use ACID 7 all the time. I don't need all the bells and whistles of new versions as I just use ACID as a starting point, mainly as a compositional tool. Eventually, all tracks are exported into a full feature DAW. But it's such a quick tool for arranging drums, percussion, and sketching out an initial idea!

Former user wrote on 4/8/2020, 8:22 PM

Windows 8.1. All of a sudden after years of using acid pro 7 it wont start. it is greyed out on the task bar after I click on it. This is the 3rd time i have posted and waiting for a response. I have tried reinstalling 3 times and now it says error during transfer. But this is after it greyed out and wouldnt work. frustrated. please respond. Email removed by moderator. thanks

Hey Rusty, can you send a screenshot of this? Maybe I can help.