Won't Arm--After Reinstall, error 1624

Rob-Lucchesi wrote on 1/26/2023, 5:20 AM

I've sent a few emails to support with no response, which is extremely frustrating, to say the least. I purchased the upgrade to ACID 11, and it worked fine for about 2 weeks. I used it one morning, came back an hour later, and the program wouldn't arm to record. (I've posted about this issue in previous posts, with no resolution, despite assistance from other users). As a last resort, I uninstalled ACID 11, reverting back to ACID 8--it then gave me the same issue, so neither products work now.

I reinstalled ACID 11, same issues and In addition, I can't install the plugins I need: there's an error message with code 1624, "could not be opened. Cause: error applying transforms.... verify path is valid." Has anyone had any of these issues and might have a possible resolution?

As a last resort (and NOT a solution!), we were able to install ACID 11 and most plugins on that computer. Both run on Windows 10... we had an issue installing only one plugin ("Analogue Modelling Suite Plus), with the same error message.

It's extremely frustrating to purchase an upgrade, have it crash entirely for no reason, and receive NO support from the company--is anyone else experiencing this? Seems a bit unethical to have no way to reach support after their product creates an issue, rendering their product useless.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/26/2023, 9:41 AM

@Rob-Lucchesi Try rebooting your computer. If this doesn't help install all pending Windows updates. If this still doesn't help check your Windows installation for corrupt system files with the system file checker https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000126064/how-do-i-run-the-system-file-checker-in-microsoft-windows

Rob-Lucchesi wrote on 1/26/2023, 1:25 PM

No luck with that, but thank you. I've updated, rebooted, and still have issues with the same plugin error.

ACID finally responded, and this was their explanation (for others with the same issue):

As far as the problem with the installation of the various plug-in suites goes, we currently assume that this specific installation problem (as well as another problem in that area) is an unwanted interaction with the Smart App Control (SAC) security feature of Windows, but also involves a problem/bug of that feature, which has apparently been fixed by Microsoft in the meantime. Therefore, I would suggest the following course of action here:

First of all, please make sure that automatic updates are enabled in your Windows configuration and that the last available updates for Windows could be installed successfully. If necessary, simply restart Windows.

If this alone does not help, you could also consider disabling Smart App Control.

Unfortunately, SAC seems to be a Windows 11 feature, and I have Windows 10. I'm looking for a comparable security feature, and may turn off my security during install, to see if that helps.

SP. wrote on 1/26/2023, 1:44 PM

@Rob-Lucchesi You could disable Windows Defender and virus protection.

mick24-o wrote on 10/19/2023, 9:15 AM

I've got the same error (1624) during installing Pro 11 essentialFX Suite on Win 10.
MS tool:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d
worked for me.