Wishlist for future Samplitude Pro: Songmaker AI

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 10/1/2024, 12:20 PM

I would very much like to see the "Songmaker AI" feature from MMM added to Samplitude Pro (and Studio?)

Right now it is necessary to keep switching apps and I would very much prefer having a better workflow with Songmaker directly available in Samplitude

From an end-user perspective it feels like Magix Music Maker is the "freshman level" product and then eventually you "graduate" to Samplitude, but in that transition Songmaker is a big creative feature in MMM that is missing from Samplitude, and if you use it you can never really move on. I understand that MMM probably has a different codebase, but Songmaker is a feature under active development (it was updated to the AI version not that long ago) and hopefully the knowledge of the "secret sauce" can be transferred from one product to the other and implemented (scanning the soundpools, processing the info in the soundpool ini/xml metadata, and the songmaker templates, presenting a window for selecting the Songmaker options, and then generating the tracks)

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/1/2024, 12:58 PM

@Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann Samplitude should be able open MMM files. So technically, you can use this as a workaround. But you cannot open the MMM files again in Music Maker after loading them in Samplitude because it changes the additional project files.

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 10/1/2024, 2:23 PM

Thank you. I know that Samplitude can read MMM project files, it's what I was calling "keep switching apps" (in the sense of "start a project in MMM using Songmaker, continue in Samplitude", "start the next project in MMM using Songmaker, continue in Samplitude", and so forth)

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 10/1/2024, 2:58 PM

Btw, a related area that would also be "missing from Samplitude" is the Pitch bar (the bar above the tracks that allows pitch selections for soundpool objects to be changed across tracks). Right now when using the soundpool browser, after having selected a pitch (with the 1-7 boxes) and inserted it into the project, the object doesn't retain "memory" about its multi-pitch capability (which is the advantage of a soundpool vs a loop library, having different harmonic pitches that e.g, "know" when to change from major to minor, which is something that pitchshift doesn't do. Handling soundpools as mere loop libraries is "missing half the picture" and a sad waste of functionality)

SP. wrote on 10/1/2024, 5:10 PM

@Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann Yeah, the Song Maker and pitch bar is somewhat of a standalone feature of Music Maker and probably the most important reason I still use the software besides other DAWs.

To ease the pain you can use some other VSTs, for example Independence sampler, which is included in Samplitude Pro. Independence can load loops like samples and you can then cut out parts and play them with your keyboard.

Alternatively, the free VST Big Fish Audio Momentum can load loops and play and manipulate them in a lot of different ways, which makes it easy to make something of your own without using the Song Maker or pitch bar.

Eusebio-Rufian-Zilbermann wrote on 10/1/2024, 7:30 PM

Thank you! I didn't know about Momentum. I'll give it a try!