Windows Update Downloads Removal

russelldean wrote on 6/9/2019, 1:08 PM

I got the new PC Check 2020. It's my first time using it so I wanted to ask about Deleting Files and Windows Update Downloads Removal. Is this going to remove all the updates ever installed since the computer was new? I could find nothing on the site to explain it to me and support hasn't even responded to my last 3 support tickets about other issues. Thank you

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/9/2019, 1:39 PM

@russelldean

As a matter of principle, I now rarely, if ever, make use of programs like PC Check or similar, simply because of the possibility of allowing it/them to carry out a procedure that it/they consider "useful", but which somewhere down the line, turns out to create problems because "something you now need" has been removed. I speak from bitter experience, having, in the past, made otherwise working systems become slow, unresponsive or even totally inoperative.

I do regularly use the free version of CCleaner which allows me to decide on what files are now redundant and can be deleted and what registry entries are now superfluous, but that is the only app of this kind that I regularly run.

As to the specifics of your question: The removal of Windows Download Updates should simply remove the installers for those updates, not the updates themselves.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

russelldean wrote on 6/9/2019, 6:26 PM

Thanks for the tip Jeff. I too frequent CCleaner with no issues. I don't think anyone makes a program that can take out everything appropriate and leave good enough alone. How they gonna know what you wanna keep or toss? I wanted to try out the program since I had it. Like to give anything a fair shot at it, same with people. Thanks again.

Last changed by russelldean on 6/9/2019, 6:27 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

www.musicalhelp.org

Machine Specs: HP G6, AMD A6 2.2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, 500 Gb HD, AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, Windows 10 version 1803, RealTec Audio, DTS Studio Sound

russelldean wrote on 6/11/2019, 9:53 AM

I guess you were right, emmrec. It's already causing problems removing stuff or changing settings. I removed it from my system.