Comments

SP. wrote on 11/28/2022, 4:49 PM

@Reg Does it help to run the programs as administrator by right clicking on the program icon?

Reg wrote on 11/28/2022, 9:05 PM

Unfortunately, no. I have tried run as admin, compatibility mode as Win 7 etc. (I am currently running Win 11 Pro). I also have Magix Music Maker and Vegas Pro 15 installed (both work fine). It loads about 30.2 MB into RAM and then hangs with the program splash screen.

SP. wrote on 11/29/2022, 2:46 AM

@Reg On Windows 11 try to disable Smart App Control.

johnebaker wrote on 11/29/2022, 6:50 AM

@Reg

Hi

Are there any error messages when you try to start the program? If so what do they say (in full please) or post a screenshot of the error message.

Run the Windows View Reliability History feature to see if there are any error messages relating to the program - there are several ways to run this, the quickest is:

Press the Windows + R key to open the Run dialog and type in perfmon /rel then click OK

Look for entries when you select a date with a red critical event icon - red circle with white x in the centre - as seen below, for Audio or Video Cleaning Lab - this is from windows 11 and for a different program in the example below

Double clicking one of the fault notifications, details dialog, indicated by the red box (inset in image above) opens and details what the Faulting Module was.

Post a screenshot of that dialogue.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Reg wrote on 11/29/2022, 12:14 PM

@John - good idea. I checked, but no errors today when attempting to run (still hanging). I did have this failure yesterday - "Description
The program MxUpdater_rel_u_dynCRT_x64_vc16.exe version 3.3.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel."

@SP - Tried with APP CONTROL off - no change. :(

SP. wrote on 11/29/2022, 3:05 PM

@Reg Ok, let's try something different.

Go into the program directory and open the file MxQt.cfg with a texteditor.
Change

[QtOpenGlEngine]
QT_OPENGL=angle

to

[QtOpenGlEngine]
QT_OPENGL=software

If there are #-characters at the beginning of these lines, remove them.

Reg wrote on 11/29/2022, 6:57 PM

Ok - removed #'s. Running the program with =angle (actual mem usage 30,764k). Running with =software (actual mem at 30,896k). Unfort. still hangs on launch with only splash screen visible.

*I may try to install it on my laptop and see if I still have issues.

SP. wrote on 11/29/2022, 7:04 PM

@Reg Ok, if both settings don't work your problem has likely nothing to do with your graphics device.

Another user encountered a similar problem some days ago with Music Maker. It also froze at the splash screen. The cause was the automatic VST scan after opening the program. I'm not sure if Audio Cleaning Lab is also scanning VSTs in the standard VST paths during start up, but maybe it is the same problem.

Reg wrote on 11/29/2022, 8:17 PM

@SP - thanks.

I just noticed that when I installed on my laptop (which worked fine), right after the splash screen I get the popup to register the program. Unfortunately, this may be where the issue is - it is having trouble switching to register dialogue. Also, I had Audio Cleaning Lab install, as well as Video Audio Cleaning Lab... two different installs but seem to be the same program? COuld it be that they interfered with each other?

Reg wrote on 11/29/2022, 8:22 PM

@SP - one other thing, I noticed that it shows up in my Task Manager as a system process. Seems to run under "System" not user context???

Reg wrote on 11/29/2022, 8:40 PM

OK - PROGRESS -- I figured out that if I create a temporary local user account, I can "Run as" and then it prompts for the registration/activation, and correctly activates and launches the app. However, as soon as I run it under my normal userID it hangs again at launch. I also noticed that when it runs under the other ID - it is running correctly as an APP not under the system context.