Wide format... which version of MAGIX Movie Edit Pro?

CJinMadison wrote on 5/7/2009, 3:39 PM
A few years ago, I bought MAGIX Movie Edit Pro v 12.

Just last month, I bought a new video camera: JVC Everio.

When I use this older verison of MAGIX to play withwith the video files captured from my new video camera (JVC Everio), the display is distorted.

The reason, I assume is because the camera records using the wide video format. (16:9).  But, the display within MAGIX appears to be scrunching up the video, to fit it the conventional display ratio.  (3:4?)

Can anyone confirm for me which version of MAGIX introduced the functionality to work with wide-video format files.

Do I need to upgrade?  Or will v.12 be sufficient?  Maybe, I just need to find the command that does this.

Please, advise.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/8/2009, 10:26 AM
Hi,

Known problem with cameras from the JVC Everio series. Some programs seem to detect the material as 4:3 because of some incorrect or contradictory info in the file header. You can easily adjust this after importing into Movie Edit Pro, though. Just right-click on the video track of the imported object(s) in timeline mode and bring up the "Object properties". Manually correct the aspect ratio to 16:9. The preview monitor will follow automatically or can also be manually set to a 16:9 preset. Done. You will have to repeat this procedure for each individual file/object you import.

I hope this helps.