wich export parameters for best results on TV

HDvsVHS wrote on 11/30/2009, 2:06 AM
Trying to export videos from a HD camera for a Philips TV (Full-HD format). Using the new "Video Deluxe 16" works great with the Cam-Data but I don't know exactly which format should work best on my tv-set. So many parameter (e.g. bit rate, MPEG-...., AVI, resolutions, interlaced/progressive etc.). The pre-canned formats didn't work - so I started to mess around with individual settings!!!

Is that really trial and error?

Sometimes it seems to work but then I realize motions are blur or get stair cases etc.

Any idea or recommendations?

I'm dreaming of one format that works well on TV under Full-HD and on my computer - sholdn't that be doable these days?

Comments

AndyCope wrote on 11/30/2009, 7:58 AM
Jpg, Defantly Jpeg
Best format around.
also do med HD resalution
Too high or too low efects speed and preformance

HDvsVHS wrote on 11/30/2009, 8:24 AM

ChipComando - Thanks for your Answer. I'm talking movies though. I need to know which settings that are economic in terms of movie-file size but still yield nice results on a Full-HD TV-Set. I appears that standard settings are not ideal for my Philips TV - hence I needed to fiddle around with individual parameters. So I'm hoping someone else has some experience with that already.

Cheers

franz8 wrote on 11/30/2009, 10:06 AM
I use AVCDH with the presets for bit rate. Short movie less than 30 min on written on DVD, longer one on Bluray disc.