Why won't my disc burn?

chris7 wrote on 8/18/2012, 4:11 AM

I have created a slide show consisting of 295 digital photos, titles, transitions and background music.  It is taking 1588mb and 5gb.  I have lost my instruction book and have not used this programme for quite a time so I am uncertain which burner to use, either image recorder or D:_NECDVD_RWND-2510A.  I am using a TDK DVD+R disc which has a 1-16x speed and is 4.7gb single sided.

If I try to use the second burner the dialogue box on screen comes up on screen saying error, burning aborted.  If i use the image recorder burner the programme gose through the whole proceedure and says burning completed sucessfully but when I try to play the DVD on my Samsung TV through my Samsung DVD player a dialogue appears on the TV screen saying this disc cannot be played or recorded.

The fault/problem cannot be the DVD recorder is not compatable because I have previously produced discs using the MAGIX programme and played them on the same DVD player.  Although I do not have a separate DVD/CD on my computer I have tried burning music CD's to ensure that the burner still works and they have been sucessful. 

Can anyone suggest what I can do to overcome this problem as we are desperate to view our holiday slide show.

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 8/18/2012, 4:52 AM

Hi,

I see you are online so a quick question.  you mention 1588MB and 5 GB, what do you mean by this?

chrisjw37 wrote on 9/11/2012, 3:53 AM

5gb

will not fit on a standard DVD

maybe thats it?