why release a bug -fix patch that doesnt fix bugs ---lip service ?

blake-fast wrote on 6/24/2022, 4:51 AM

can someone explain why would any company release a so callbug fix update patch without addressing the bugs first ? surely its a sure fire way for users already worn down but the utter shambles that is acid pro at the moment to lose faith and why would any new user want to buy it its almost impossible to finish a complte track due to its constant crashing as well as other bugs ?

before any more hasty releases how about stopping it crashing first and then work from there how about emailing someone from sonic foundry a chap named peter would be a great example and ask for some advice because what is currently happening is clearly not working and the developers need help as this new debacle firmly shows . Im seriously doubting whether any of the developers actually read what was said when they posted asking for bug checks , the bugs that are asking to be fixing have been there from the moment 8 was thrown together you shouldnt need to ask only then to ignore ! shambolic is what it is

this patch merely pays lip service and nothing more

Comments

Simon-W wrote on 6/24/2022, 6:05 AM

Hi blake-fast. Like you I was really disappointed with the latest releases and complained about this in another forum post this week related to an existing FX bug. I have also contacted MAGIX support and was informed that the updates (Version 10.0.6 and Version 11.0.0) only address some changes related to the presentation of the MAGIX store in the programs. The problem here is one of communication. Having set an expectation that there would be a bug-fix release, it is not surprising that we were all expecting these new versions to be that release - but they are not. In fact, if I have understood correctly, a number of bugs have now been prioritized to be fixed but work has still not started in earnest on the bug fix versions due to the limited programmer resources currently available at MAGIX. There is no date set for the bug-fix release but I was reassured that we can expect something in due course. It is extremely disappointing but we can only wait and trust that MAGIX will deliver on their promise.