Why my DVD is not copied after burning process completed successfully?

ianthor wrote on 12/9/2008, 2:46 PM
I'm burning my movie to a DVD and it did show that 'burning successfully' at the end, but how come, my dvd only copied just about 4 minutes of the first part of the movie? What is wrong with the burning process, is there anything that i did wrong, or click to make it not burning or copying the whole movie and chapters? please help.

Comments

Morbotron wrote on 12/10/2008, 8:46 AM
The first thought that comes to mind - how fast did you burn the DVD? If you burned faster than x4 DVD speed, it could result in a disc such as you described - the first part plays, the rest won't. If you burned it faster than x4 DVD speed, try it again at the slowest speed possible: x1 or x2 DVD speed being the best.
NoTurning wrote on 12/11/2008, 8:20 AM
Hi,
You are not the only one here who has had this problem. Search for their post and also contact Magic support. 

As a side note: you absolutely should be able to burn faster than 4X; how ridiculous is it that a software would restrict you from the full capacity of your hardware. You don't go buy a new car only to be told you can't go faster that 35 mph. I comfortably burn faster than 4X with out a hitch... but I don't use Magix products for DVD burning.

Obviously burn speed is not your problem; burn as fast as your drive will allow!!! Contact Magix and check the previous posts.
Justin
Morbotron wrote on 12/11/2008, 10:24 AM
It was just general DVD burning troubleshooting advice - if you are concerned at all about quality and durability, burn at x4 or less.

Bottom line is, of course, we don't know any specs on ianthor's system or even what the source material is. Is it a copy protected DVD - could be the problem right there! I'd recommend contacting tech support:

http://support.magix.net/magix_relaunch/php/page.php?lang=us

I'm sure they can sort out the problem with you, especially given all the proper info.
NoTurning wrote on 12/15/2008, 8:25 AM
I apologize to Morbotron... I was not attacking your answer nor implying you were wrong. You gave sound advice for sure.

I was having issue with what seems to be a limitation of the software and the fact the problem was with his Magix installation and not his burn speed. My frustration with Magix came out wrong.

I'm sorry it came across as against you; keep up the good work in answering people's questions!
Justin