why is there no sound when I play back my video

hollywd966 wrote on 2/5/2009, 8:40 PM
Ok, I have a sound problem as well, I have a sony Handycam HD SR-11 which records in AVCHD format. I bought Magix Pro 14, I had to change format to MPEG2 and the video plays but with no sound.

things I have already tried, I downloaded the AC3 filter audio code....DIDN'T WORK. I also tried right clicking on the video clip and clicking on create frame table new.......STILL DIDN'T WORK. I've tried calling tech support over, and over, and over and NOTHING all I get is "all lines are busy please try again later" So I then e-mailed Tech support and got an e-mail back saying that they would contact me very shortly, A WEEK later and I've still not gotten a call from them. IS THERE ANYBODY  that can tell me how to get sound. I get sound on windows movie maker, and I get sound on Roxio 2009 video editing software but NOTHING with this POS Magix Pro 14, customer service is noware to be found, tech support doesn't call and we're all stuck here having to ask each other how to fix our problems. Once I get this sound thing fixed, I'LL NEVER BUY THIS BRAND OF VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE AGAIN, and I'll strongly advise people against it.

A VERY PISSED OFF CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 2/6/2009, 9:27 AM
Hi there,

If this is AVCHD material, there's most likely Dolby Digital/AC3 audio on it. So, installing the AC3 filter was already kind of the right idea. However, here's the catch: Movie Edit Pro 14 doesn't use external codecs for AC3 sound. It uses its own internal codec, which you need to activate (for free). Just open the program, go to the "Help" menu, proceed to "Activate additional functions" and you will find an activation option for a Dolby Digital Stereo decoder. Pick that one, choose the online activation option and follow the on-screen instructions on the Magix website. The Dolby Digital activation code will be e-mailed to you. (I assume your computer is connected to the Internet. Otherwise, there's also an offline activation option.)

That said, Movie Edit Pro 14 is not really designed and optimized for AVCHD handling. You'd have to go for the "Plus" version of the software, otherwise full functionality cannot really be guaranteed.
I hope this info helps!