Why is the sound out of synch

lenaarthurs wrote on 9/1/2010, 3:42 AM

I am copying an analog home video to my computer and then onto dvd.  No editing just straight forward copying.  When copying from video to computer the sound is ok but when finished and I play the recording back from the computer the sound is out.  Even after copying to dvd it is still not right. 

As I have several home movies to copy I have tried different ones but the same thing happens.

Help urgently needed by a layman at computers.

Thanks

Lena 

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 9/2/2010, 2:20 AM

Hi Lena,

if audio and video are out on the timeline, then that won't change when you burn, so don't burn any more discs

till it's sorted.  Really depends which program you have, or perhaps the Rescue Your Videotapes, so you probably have Video Easy.  If the amount the sound is out be does not vary, then you can try to offset this.

Load your file onto the timeline, place your cursor on it, click mouse right button and you will see different options. Check for Create new frametable. but if not there, use Set Sound/Image offset. 

However, if you find the gap increases between audio and video your system is probably dropping frames. So, try this.

Disconnect ALL other USB devices when transferring video to your computer. Plug the device directly into a port on your computer, not even via a hub.

Close as many tasks as possible to free up the system. 

If you still have the problem, get in touch with Magix and ask for a syscheck. That can help find other factors affecting your computer.

Cheers,

M o' L

Man o' Lakes wrote on 9/10/2010, 4:54 AM

Hi there,

You are moving the files into a different position to one another, but it won't be visible to you.

Don't worry about that, but just try it out. When trying out something new, try setting a larger value, so it makes

a larger difference, so that you get a feel for what is happening.

If you apply too much, you can always reverse what you have done.

Cheers,

M o' L