Why is the picture size by playback smaller and sometimes out of proportion?

martinarmstrong wrote on 5/3/2008, 11:25 AM
With films that I have recorded via Terratec home cinema the size of picture by playback with Magix is much smaller than with Terratec or Windows media player and with some the picture is out of proportion. Can I not correct the proportions of the picture? When I burn a film on DVD that is played back out of proportion by Magix the resulting film on DVD is also out of proportion, also when played back with Windows media player and this is unacceptable. 1. by a recording over DVB-T of a film which is apparently being transmitted in 16:9 format with black borders round it, proportion of picture with Terratec: 29cm*16cm, with Magix:31.5*13 (when disc project settings=16:9), 23.5*9.5 (when disc projects setting not 16:9), playback of resulting DVD with Windows media player: 33*13.5. It seems to be cinemascope format and not 16:9 format 2. by a recording from DVB-T of a normal program the picture is in proportion and only slightly smaller. 3. by a recording from an analog satellite receiver of a program or film that is transmitted in wide screen format with black borders the picture is in proportion but much smaller: Terratec playback: 28.5*16, Magix playback: 23*13, Windows media player playback: 27*15 Hardware Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Laptop Centrino duo 1,73 GHz with 33*20,5 screen (approx 16*10), recording using Cinergy HT express DVB-T/analog TV-card and playback on laptop. Full version of 'Magix on CD & DVD' software.

Comments

bigben747 wrote on 10/25/2008, 5:03 PM
I don't know if my advice would work, but I'll try.

Sounds like your talking about that the video is out of line of everything else? Like titles coming in late or video and audio coming in late or too early.

What I do is I preview each video when I go along when I create a video, and playback the whole thing when finished.

Tell me more of what you mean, I might be able to help more.