Comments

ralftaro wrote on 7/23/2009, 7:38 AM
Hi there,

Make sure to use the Composite connection for the video signal, not the S-Video one. Also make sure you have configured your video capture driver in the program according to the following instructions: Go into the analog video recording dialog. Choose the right audio and video drivers and set up all parameters as desired. Now click on the "Advanced..." button to bring up the advanced settings for the video capture driver. In the resulting dialogue, go into the "Display" and "Format" sub dialogues and make sure that the video standard is set to the correct choice for your country/region everywhere, e.g. PAL (PAL_B) for Europe/Australia and NTSC for North America/Japan. Confirm the dialog and try capturing again.

I hope this helps!
phoneman wrote on 2/12/2010, 1:27 PM
For a MEP15+ user open up the "Record" window and click on the analog icon.
On the top left corner of the "Video recording" window you will see a large BOLD BLACK 1.
There you can select your "Video driver" my case it is Hauppauge WinTV85 Tuner Card and to the right of that select your "Input" my case "S-VIDEO"from the camera S-VIDEO Output.
Or you can select COMPOSITE (Yellow RCA plug) if that is your camera/vhs player output.
Also seclect your "Audio driver" my case Line in (Realtech High Definition) input to my motherboard.
So from my analog 8mm video camera I have output S-VIDEO to the Hauppauge video TUNER card and output Left&Right (white&red) RCA plugs to my mother board audio input.
Answer #1 gave me the clues I needed to dope out the proceedure in MEP15+