Comments

phishbowl14 wrote on 6/27/2011, 12:28 AM

You're joking right? If I knew the answer why would I ask the question.

cpc000cpc wrote on 6/27/2011, 1:25 AM

phishbowl|14,

I've never had this problem with any of my Magix programs, but a quick web search found a lot of suggestions. Most useful perhaps is that you probably already have a copy of mdll32.dll in your C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Movies on DVD folder and that the issue is likely not a missing file but a bad registry entry. Have you recently run some sort of 'registry cleaner'? The further suggestion is to re-install (not re-download) Movies on DVD and take the 'Repair installation' option.

Regards,

Carl

johnebaker wrote on 6/27/2011, 3:05 AM

Hi phishbowl14

Carl is not joking - his suggestion is perfectly valid.  As he asked, have you run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner or any other ?

Missing dlls are usually caused by the file being deleted - have you searched to see if the file is still installed?

or

a corrupt or missing registry entry.

Try reinstalling as Carl suggested.

John

You're joking right? If I knew the answer why would I ask the question.

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/27/2011, 3:05 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

john-auvil wrote on 6/27/2011, 9:33 AM

Yeah, just as cpc000cpc and johnebaker stated, you seem to have a registry error. I think the reason it is not mentioned in a Magix Q&A is that this sort of issue is computer related, not program related.

You should definitely have your registry checked out, I believe Microsoft still offers a Registry Cleaner from their website, and most internet security software suites also have one.

I find that most users do not take time to do computer maintenance, such as registry checks, defragments, and checking out what applications have been installed in their auto-start section. All such things lead to loss of resources at the very least and at the worst requires the user to reformat/reinstall Windows.

I am not sure what version you have, but I have the Movies on CD & DVD 7, which was part of my Rescue Your Video Tapes (version 1) and I have no missing DLL files.

cpc000cpc wrote on 6/27/2011, 6:03 PM

Carl is not joking - his suggestion is perfectly valid.  As he asked, have you run a registry cleaner such as CCleaner or any other ?

Just to set the record straight, phishbvowl14's 'You're joking right?...' comment was there before I posted mine. To whom it was directed I don't know, perhaps he got a personal message and mistakenly posted his reply here?

In any event the situation illustrates one of the problems with the Q&A board -- It is difficult to follow the development of a thread at best, and if the 'Quote' facility is used the order of posting can get mixed up even more. :-(

Regards,

Carl

phishbowl14 wrote on 6/28/2011, 1:22 AM

www.articlesbase.com/data-recovery-articles/magix-music  Thanks to all that took time to answer my question. I did re-install my DVD/CD Magix program twice before, which is not a quick fix but probably the safest. I think I like the suggestion about going to the recycle bin and grabbing it there. The reason I said "you're joking, right" is because I posed the question and the next thing I know I am being encouraged to be the first one to answer my own question. Hence the question/comment "you're joking right"? Thanks to all again. It's nice to know there are people that will help. This is the first time I have used any forum or community support and I will continue to do so.

Phishbowl14

johnebaker wrote on 6/28/2011, 4:10 PM

Apologies Carl, phishbowl14

phishbowl14 - I agree with you it does seem strange that the forum appears to want you to answer your own topic immediately after you posted.

Did you get the problem fixed?

John

www.articlesbase.com/data-recovery-articles/magix-music  Thanks to all that took time to answer my question. I did re-install my DVD/CD Magix program twice before, which is not a quick fix but probably the safest. I think I like the suggestion about going to the recycle bin and grabbing it there. The reason I said "you're joking, right" is because I posed the question and the next thing I know I am being encouraged to be the first one to answer my own question. Hence the question/comment "you're joking right"? Thanks to all again. It's nice to know there are people that will help. This is the first time I have used any forum or community support and I will continue to do so.

Phishbowl14

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/28/2011, 4:10 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.