Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 12/4/2009, 1:20 AM
Hi

Good news, I just bought a Canon FS200 last Friday and I also use MEP14+

I had taken some footage with my camera over the weekend, but haven't had time to do any projects yet.  But I did just take one movie and successfully import it into MEP.

Here are the exact steps I took:

1. Open the battery compartment door and pull out the SD memory chip
2. Insert the chip into the reader on your PC.  If you don't have one built in, you buy multiple readers for really cheap at almost any computer store (Frys, Best Buy, etc.)
3. Browse down into the \SD_VIDEO\PRG### folder.  That's where I found all the movies
4. Copy both the .MOD and .MOI files for each movie segment into a folder on your PC's hard disk drive
5. Open MEP and browse to the folder with your .MOD and .MOI file(s).
6. Pull the .MOD file into MEP

When I did that, I got both the video and audio tracks correctly working in MEP.  Like I said, however, I just did this with one short movie clip.  I don't know what will happen when I eventually pull the longer movies clips into MEP.  Hopefully, that technique will still work as well.

I don't know if you used the USB cable to connect your FS200 to your PC and dumped your movie(s) that way.  If you did, that might be the source of the problem.  I don't know.  I saw the warning in the bag with the USB cable to load the drivers and software from the CD before connecting the camera with the USB cable, and I'm not really interested in installing that stuff from Canon.

In fact, that's the reason I bought the FS200 instead of the FS20 - I wasn't interested in trying to get the movies off the internal memory from the camcorder; I just want to pull out the SD card, stick it in my computer and copy the movies over.

Hope this long winded answer helps you out.
BroBryce2009 wrote on 12/5/2009, 3:50 AM
When you say Edit - Arrange, are you talking about the timeline?  If not, have you tried dragging the item directly onto the timeline somewhere and then playing it back?

I do know that some of my videos from my Flip camera won't play the audio back in the preview window, while all the clips I play from my Sony HD camcorder do play back audio.  Both files work fine in the timeline though.

Just checking

-Bryce
Prudie wrote on 12/18/2009, 1:33 AM
Hi, thanks. I didn't try your suggestion but I had success with Magix support in that they suggested I hadn't activated the Dolby Digital Stereo decoder. I had activated the MPEG-2 but not the Dolby. It's in the same area as the MPEG-2 activation but is a separate one for Dolby. A new code has to be acquired but arrives quickly via email and once I processed this and re-loaded the video, the audio was there.  Try that on your program. It may be your answer. Good luck.