Why does Magix hate me? "overwrite authorizations"? Crash! ??????

JohnnyLongBone wrote on 10/13/2009, 8:33 PM
I bought the program (Magix Movie Edit Pro 12 e-version) about 2 years ago, my last computer (E-machines, OS: Windows XP) recently died, so I got a new one (Compaq, OS: Windows Vista) and transferred Magix onto it.  I had already registered it after the transfer but now when I click the icon to open it, it starts by showing this window:

After I click Continue it tells me the "trial version has expired".  I send the activation code and this is what happens;
It says something like this:
Establishing connection
Collecting data
Activation complete
Starting program

Then it crashes.

Update:
I right-clicked the icon and selected "Run as administer" and it opened fine with no problems.  Although it would seem that the problem is resolved, I'd like to leave this question open in case this isn't a permanent fix.
Any suggestions on keeping this from happening again in the future?
Thanks.

Comments

TheoHE wrote on 10/14/2009, 12:50 AM
Johnny Long bone... I saw your self answerred fix.  I am having basically same problem as you.  I thought, great I'll try that... but it did not work for me.  Will continue my quest to get MEP15 working again.
Clevo wrote on 10/14/2009, 2:33 AM
As soon as I looked at the image you made available I knew right away that in Vista all yo needed to do was to "run as Administrator"

You should have installed it the same way by right clicking on the "install.exe" or "setup.exe" and install as Administrator. If memory serves correctly youare also prompted to set-up for all users

However...there is a permanant fix for you.

Right click on the shortcut icon on your desktop...if you don;t have one set it up.

Right Click on the Icon, select properties...check the box that says "Run as Administrator".... and that's it.

Everytime you start the program it will now Run as Administrator