Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/15/2012, 7:11 AM

Hi

Can you clarify what your question is please.  Are you asking:-

1.  if your computer specification is sufficient to run RYVT?  or

2.  That you have captured 30 secs of video but when it is on the timeline in RYVT it is only 5 secs long?

In the case of 1 then yes it is OK, however do not expect lightening speed performance when rendering and burning to DVD.

Do you have sufficient free space on your hard drive?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/15/2012, 7:11 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

cyfahead wrote on 5/15/2012, 3:54 AM

Hi John,

I was posing both questions really.   With a bit of stripping down of superfluous tasks I got a bit more power from my platform which suggested that the output of 5 secs was probably caused by some conflict which had brought the conversion to a halt.

When I did take a good bite at some recorded video through the magix converter it was running perfectly but predicting a day or so for completion of the job!  This is to be expected with past experiencefrom building a video output file in either Windows Movie Maker or CyberDVD.     The 486 chip has limited 'graphic rendering' support compared with later designs and the complete lack of a graphic accelerator in my setup just adds to the pain.  There is no 'Magix' when it comes to the number of cycles needed to do graphics transformations when relying purely on software instructions to do it.

I will wait until I have replaced my PC or added a serious accelerator before trying again!

Thanks for your response.

Rob