Why do I get a main concept logo in all avi files I inport into Movie Edit 15?

tyoung wrote on 12/15/2009, 10:40 AM
Recently I have noticed an annoying logo for MAIN CONCEPT which now appears in the top right hand corner of all AVI files I inport into ME15.
Never had this problem before....
It doesn't happen if I load to file into DivX only in WinMoviePlayer and ME15
Anyone explain how I remove it?
I assume it has something to do with the codecs these programmes are using....???

Comments

iFletcher wrote on 2/20/2010, 2:15 PM
Greetings, tyoung.

I use MEP 14+.

When I go to Help -> About, I can see "Powered by Main Concept." So I know I have this in my MEP 14+ setup.

I created a 17 second test video by using 4 photos and a short music clip as audio.

When I export this "movie" out to the few formats that MEP 14+ offers, I can play all of them back on Windows Media Player except for the MPEG4 and the first AVI in the menu option.

In all of the working cases, I do NOT see the Main Concept logo.

When I use Quick Media Converter to convert all of these videos to 4:3 AVI using the DivX conversion option, all of the working files convert with no errors.

When I play these converted files in Windows Media Player, the Main Concept logo appears in the upper right-hand corner!!

So I opened MEP 14+ and imported these converted files. There is no Main Concept logo during playback.

Sorry, tyoung, I can't seem to duplicate your problem of getting a logo when importing.

iFletcher wrote on 2/21/2010, 2:41 AM
A ha!

I just read on DivX's website that they bought MainConcept. That's probably why I get the MainConcept logo when I use Quick Media Converter and use the DivX conversion option.

That's totally annoying.

I uninstalled DivX from my machine. I'll find another CODEC that doesn't do that.