Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 7/31/2009, 12:25 AM
I think you are going to have to give us some specifics on your issue.  There isn't enough information in your question to go by.  That's probably why no one has tried to give you some help yet.

Put in all the details you can and perhaps someone will have some ideas for you.

Good luck.
siglersmalz wrote on 8/1/2009, 11:55 PM
That's interesting.  My guess is that it's in the film already; something from your camera when recording.  You should be able to see it that's true by looking at the movie via a media player (Windows Media Player or KMP Player) and see if the black frames are there in the original movie file.

If not, then it appears to be something with MEP, but I've never had that problem with MEP.

In either case, I guess the only solution is to cut out the black frames and get on with your project.

Let us know what you find out.

asoeli wrote on 8/2/2009, 2:45 PM
What sort of files do you edit? I have 2 types of files from friend's harddisk cameras, Sony and JVC. With file endings .MPG and .MOD. Both have black start and ending in MEP. But when I rightclick in the videotrack and choose 'Create new frametable' the black frames disappear ! Try this !
siglersmalz wrote on 8/8/2009, 12:15 AM
Well, I don't use HD camcorders and I'm also sticking with MEP14 for the forseeable future, so your problem has gone beyond my experience.

I recommend you try to get help at the older Magix user's forum at

support.magix.net

You have to register before you can get to the forum, but it's well worth it.  There are very technical people that monitor that forum and I'm sure you can get some more useful help there.

Good luck!
dagunster wrote on 8/10/2009, 3:54 PM
I have a very similar Panasonic HD camera that puts out MTS files.

I do not use software to capture the MTS files.

Plug the cable into the camera, use Windows Explorer to navigate around the camera file system.  Find the STREAM folder in the camera. Drag and drop the files there to your computer hard drive.

My Panasonic does not put 'black' in front - and I used the same files from in with other products.

If there is black - you can clip this out with Movie Edit Pro. Also, be sure it's not a transition or fade.