Comments

john-auvil wrote on 7/9/2010, 12:05 PM
There might not be any updates for the program?

If the patch/update you are trying to install is not for the program you have already installed, that could be an issue.

The installed program directory is not consistent with the default install directory and the patch or updates cannot access the default directory because it doesn't exist?

Also, try closing any background applications, those icons that hang out around the system clock to see if maybe it is just a communications issue
vmartin350 wrote on 1/28/2011, 9:57 PM

Hey, just to add to this the question. I have the same problem and I've seen this answer before but I do have the application installed in the default location. Unfortunately, still happens. As for the system tray. Pretty clean there too. Still looking for some help.

Also, as a troubleshooting measure, I copied the update exe until the folders - no dice. And I checked out the application settings to see if there's a configuration setting that might be pointing it to the wrong folder - no dice there either. I wrote Magix a bit ago - ha ha ha. I'm thinking of just uninstalling and reinstalling. Can't seem to think of anything else. 

Thanks Anyone!

john-auvil wrote on 2/3/2011, 11:50 AM

Other issues....

If you have let’s say the US version of the software and you try to apply the patch for the UK version, it will not work. I think MAGIX writes into the name of the patches the languages and regions like a UK_EN or EN_US something of that nature.

Also, can you both look up your current version of your current software and let me know what you are running?