Why can't I start Music Maker?

Martin-Vogal wrote on 9/30/2024, 8:31 AM

I've been using Music Maker for about 2 years and today, for the first time, I can't start the program. Why? Do you have a similar problem? what's going on Scanning VST Plugins is still at 0%. I don't understand.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/30/2024, 9:00 AM

@Martin-Vogal First thing I would try is to restart the computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

If this doesn't help, try to reset the program settings. For this navigate to C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\ and find the folder for your version of Music Maker 2025. It might be a folder named mm33. Next, open the folder and move the musicmaker.ini file to a different location (as a backup) or delete it. The next time you run Music Maker it will start with the standard settings like it was newly installed and will recreate the ini file automatically. Often it will run fine after doing this.

Martin-Vogal wrote on 9/30/2024, 11:12 AM

I restarted my PC at least 10 times :-) and uninstalled Music Maker and reinstalled it 3 times and still can't start the program.  

I also tried your advice and removed musicmaker.ini and also no success :-) but thank you. You gave me an idea and I uninstalled Music Maker again and manually deleted all the files and folders on the PC called Music Maker. I installed Music Maker and it works now.

Anyway, I'm done with Music Maker. After 2 years of using it I have mental problems hehehe :-). The program freezes, it is slow, the use of more professional plugins in the mix is ​​not possible for fast and good work with music and many other things that no one solves. I'm already working in parallel with the new music program and I did the best thing in the world :-). I just need to get my old sheet music notations out of Music Maker and I never want to see Music Maker again in my life hehehe. This is a program for children.

johnebaker wrote on 9/30/2024, 12:32 PM

@Martin-Vogal

Hi

. . . . The program freezes, it is slow . . . .

In case you change your mind, this is a known issue when the Text Cursor Indicator is enabled in Windows, the option is in Windows settings, Accessibility, Text Cursor.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Martin-Vogal wrote on 9/30/2024, 12:49 PM

No you don't understand me. I'm using a translator and maybe the translation is wrong.

I have the settings fine in my PC. But Music Maker technical support is not good. I have been reporting errors in the MM program to technical support for almost 2 years. They always blamed the errors on my computer and sent a test application. I bought a new PC and all the problems remained. And yet the tech support came up with new ways that the fault is only in my PC. The last time I reported a bug to tech support, I replied and sent a list of all the bugs and flaws in Music Maker. And the tech support response was: why are you reporting these errors to us? it has nothing to do with the original bug reported. Are you serious about this? I bought FL Studio the highest version. And I have no more problems, the program works at 100% even though I have 25 tracks in the mix and up to 5 effects in each track. Your program is really for kids and I'm sorry for wasting my time using Music Maker. I wish all Music Maker users a quick wake up call and I mean it in a good way.

SP. wrote on 9/30/2024, 4:36 PM

@Martin-Vogal That's odd, I didn't encounter such performance problems. But I do use external USB audio interfaces with ASIO drivers and have my ASIO drivers correctly configured. In case you don't use any audio interface, you might get problems with too small sample buffer settings. By the way, you can use the FL Studio ASIO driver in Music Maker as well. On some systems it might work better than ASIO4ALL.

Martin-Vogal wrote on 9/30/2024, 4:53 PM

In 2 years of working in the Music Maker program, I have really tried many things, including the ones you write about. Various settings, Buffer, drivers and so on.

Furthermore, it is useless to communicate. If you want to create music professionally, then the Music Maker program certainly does not allow it, and unfortunately I came to this very late. I wish you much success.

SP. wrote on 9/30/2024, 5:53 PM

@Martin-Vogal Depends on the needs, of course.

Music Maker is a very useable tool if somebody wants to create, for example, background music for videos or podcasts in a very short time, but has no interest or desire in learning a fully featured DAW.

On the other hand, it is deliberately limited a lot, to not cut into the market of DAWs for aspiring amateur and professionals like Samplitude Music Studio and Samplitude Pro. FL Studio is definitely a fully featured DAW like Samplitude.

Martin-Vogal wrote on 9/30/2024, 6:21 PM

And do you really know what you are writing? I would like to hear your music compositions. That would give me a clear picture of your experience.

SP. wrote on 9/30/2024, 10:07 PM

@Martin-Vogal Yes, I use Magix software for decades now. And no, I cannot show you music I made for privacy reasons.

Martin-Vogal wrote on 9/30/2024, 10:39 PM

You don't know what you are writing!! hehe...and where does Magix say that Music Maker is a program for creating background music for videos and streaming podcasts? Huh? On the Magic website they write and falsely state that it is a program even for advanced musicians and how music with Music Maker will deliver the right thing for music in the club. They need to stop lying and tell the truth! Magix will upgrade Music Maker and still want money for the small changes? FL studio is priced with future upgrades free for life. Please wake up and stop lying to yourself. Please take an ice shower

coneman wrote on 10/1/2024, 12:04 AM

I will jump in on this. Martin- you are wrong Music Maker is fun/easy daw that works very well as long as you have it configured correctly. I have been a musician for over 50 years, an engineer for 30 years, due to injury to my left hand unable to use instruments fully. I have used many daws over time, but MM is my favourite and thanks to users info on this forum keep the program running smoothly and get the most of all its features.

Last changed by coneman on 10/1/2024, 12:12 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Tascam US-366 usb audio interface.
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.95 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Radeon RX5700

Martin-Vogal wrote on 10/1/2024, 2:01 AM

MM is a toy for children and the one who uses it for decades is not smart. He's paid big bucks over the decades for upgrades and would have a professional DAW for that amount. Even your information in the message confirms to me that you are frozen in time and have no desire to improve in music. I also thought I was using the best program when I started MM. You are a sheep walking blindly in the herd. Sometimes it's better to leave the herd and discover new and better things you've been missing out on. Have a good time. Use FL studio and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

SP. wrote on 10/1/2024, 2:44 AM

@Martin-Vogal Be aware this is a user forum and no Magix staff is active here. So nothing I wrote is automatically something that Magix said. We are simply users like you, with our own experiences and opinions.

Besides Music Maker I also use professional DAWs like Samplitude and Cubase and other MIDI centric software like Rapid Composer and Synfire. Not every software is perfect for every type of project.

coneman wrote on 10/1/2024, 3:06 AM

LOL Martin. You clearly are a person who has lost the concept of what music is. A toy all daws are//. Do you play an instrument? Have you ever tuned an instrument? Have you ever played an instrument in front of an audience and noted the difference played in a studio ? Seems to me all you are is a new found producer??? aboulsote joke.You need more than a iced shower. You showed the level of IT skills by asking a user eg of his works. But this forum under media has many eg of tunes created with MM. All the best pal. FL = Fruit loop is all you are.

Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
AMD Radeon RX5700

Martin-Vogal wrote on 10/1/2024, 3:41 AM

You have lost CONEMAN the concept of the spirit of my messages...hehehe. And you don't understand the idea. I am 47 years old and have been playing keyboards all my life. I like EDM, rap, trap...etc. That's why I want to help budding artists and make beats for them and I do it for free and I don't make any money from it. I can't read anywhere that the MM program is not suitable for music production. The Magix website only says that this program is also for more experienced artists. But it isn't. Oh, and how can I tell if I don't have DAW experience? After buying MM and another 2x upgrade in 2024 and 2025, I found that the program kept crashing, working unstable, and the technical support always blamed it on the fault of my weak computer. So I bought a brand new computer with excellent hardware. And what happened? MM problems still the same! And tech support keeps bugging my new PC. So I bought FL and what happened? I create the exact same music project in FL and it works great and there are no issues. In 2 months of work in FL, the program did not crash even once. I work with mixes that have up to 25 music tracks and plugins from Waves, Universal Audio, Izotop. So if CONEMAN you even know what I'm writing about and you're trying to keep up with the times?

In my opinion, you create simple things in style, maybe as simple as you are. I want to further improve myself in music and not stay at a dead end. Your thinking says a lot about you.

Have a nice time. I don't want to waste my time here anymore. Good luck to everyone, and above all, don't be afraid to leave the herd of sheep and discover more beautiful things. But you'll understand that when you get the courage and don't live in a stereotype. Hi.

coneman wrote on 10/1/2024, 4:04 AM

LOL Martin. Well I'm 72 this November, and I kid you not I'm alive and kicking, but I never egotistically believed i was helping anyone, just sharing experiences, i mean who am I.?. The concept of your message is you are frustrated by a Daw (MM) that does not satisfied your expectations but yet it satisfies others so you call us all sheep and try to lead us to your prefered daw. No you need to step down a notch i wish you all the best. BTW my prefered DAW is Adobe Audition. take it easy thanks Joe

Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
AMD Radeon RX5700

emmrecs wrote on 10/1/2024, 5:15 AM

@Martin-Vogal

Whether or not your native language is English there is no reason at all for you to insult any other user who tries to help you. Please refrain from using abusive and insulting language towards other users or you will be banned from the forums.

This thread is now closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam