Why can't I import audio to my movie in 'MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15'

MattSimcock wrote on 12/31/2009, 12:58 AM
I got the full package of 'MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus' for Christmas. I installed it to my laptop and played around with it for a while. I came across my problem when trying to import video clips.

The video comes up in the movie but there is no audio with it. I've been through the settings (keyboard shortcut 'y') several times but there is nothing which would help me.
Also, whenever I try to import music to the movie, it shows me the following error message:

The file format of [AUDIO TRACK] cannot be read!
Please make sure that the drive is not full or write-protected.
If you do not have the authorization to write or read from this path please contact the administrator.

None of my song's or tracks are protected, my drive has plenty of spare memory and I tried songs i several formats including mp3, wav and wma, all of which are "approved" in the user manual.

Can anybody help me out?

Comments

asoeli wrote on 12/31/2009, 3:39 AM
Perhaps you need to install a sound codec on the PC. Try downloading AC3Filter. GSPOT will tell you which codecs are installed, and which you need for the spesific files. Both are free on Internet.
cjc75 wrote on 12/31/2009, 10:09 AM
"my drive has plenty of spare memory"

Just for the record, the Drive, and the Memory, are two different things and they do not relate to each other.  They are seperate hard ware components on the computer.

Memory, or system RAM, usually reads as; 256mb, 512mb, 1024mb, or 2048mb.. or somewhere along those numbers.

Drive Space usually reads as 80GB, 120GB, 160GB, 320GB, 500GB, etc...

If you want to make sure you have enough Drive Space, just open your "My Computer" and look for your (C:) Drive; and right click on it, and select Properties.   That will bring up a window that will tell you how much Drive Spce you have used and how much is still available for use.

Lastly, if your Mp3's come from somewhere like the Apple Store, then they are protected and cannot be used for anything other then play back on your computer, or a connected iPod or other mp3 player; you might have to purchase additional Licenses from the download source but I would contact that source for more info about that.