Why can I no longer export HD back to my camera? MEP14

itcord wrote on 4/12/2009, 11:53 AM
Until February, I was able to easily export edited HD videos back to my Canon HV10 camcorder. Since then even after a complete re-format of the hard drive and programme install, I'm still unable to export. I've sent enquiries to the help desk twice, the last time being a week ago and have received replies to neither enquiry. Can anyone help please?

XP Pro Dual2.33 processor 2 Gigs ram.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/14/2009, 11:20 AM
Hi there,

If it worked before, using the same setup, it would be reasonable to assume that you could get it to work again. What I would recommend: Try updating your mainboard chipset drivers and/or your FireWire controller drivers. Possibly they're not up to snuff after reformatting the hard drive. However, the FireWire controller plays a crucial role in the DV/HDV export process. So, that would be something worth exploring.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 4/23/2009, 2:49 AM
I see. Really seems to be some driver issue then. Naturally, rolling back the Windows update installation comes to mind, but that isn't really a very good solution either. You should keep of with Microsoft's Windows updates in the long run. Maybe, this is a known problem and addressed somewhere in the Microsoft knowledge database. Other than that, I'm still in favor of trying a different FireWire control. Get a decent quality (e.g. Texas Instruments) IEEE 1394 plug-in controller. It's not the most expensive item and pretty crucial when it comes to DV/HDV video editing. Naturally, I don't know exactly where the problem is and therefore I cannot promise that this alone will do the trick, but it's worth a shot.

ralftaro wrote on 4/24/2009, 3:35 AM
Well, that's good news. Glad to hear it's sorted.  :-)

Thanks for sharing the solution here!