Why can I no longer capture from my VCR?

Hawthorns wrote on 10/16/2008, 3:19 AM

I have Resue your Video Tapes package - Magix movies on DVD 7 - this was working fine on my computer, but I recently had a virus and had to reinstall everything from scratch, including Windows XP.  Now I cannot get the record function to see my SVHS VCR (S Video).  I have downloaded the new driver for SP3.  Previously I was able to modify settings to state that I was using S-video.  I now no longer have options to modify settings.  I have selected Movie Edit Pro as my product is not on the list.

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 10/16/2008, 9:07 AM
Hi,

of course that is tough to say. The hardware and software are optimized as bundle. If you have installed the software fresh, all drivers should be reinstalled and that it should work. 
Unfortunately I guess the problem has nothing to do with the software and is depending on your system.

That Movies on DVD 7 shows no record function is strange. I could imagine that something is wrong with the line in as it seems that the programm is not getting an input. It can be a driver problem, but you said you reinstall all...To help there would more details necessary...
Lazerboy wrote on 10/22/2008, 9:05 AM
Hi,

congratulation for the solution 1.

No sound: The difference to itunes that this is not the replayed sound, you are looking to record sound. You have to generally set up the sound recording (maybe it is off??).