Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 5/23/2011, 4:41 AM

Hi Gazovik,

maybe you have hooked via s-video, which would produce such results. Try using the composite connections, and also make sure that you are recording PAL when it's PAL, and that's what you require and not NTSC. Make sure the project/program settings under Settings, which you find under File, are set to PAL if that's what you need, etc.

Cheers, M o' L

Gazovik wrote on 5/24/2011, 10:58 PM

Thank you for your reply. Checked. In the settings select PAL. The image is still black and white. This may be the fault of the system?

Привет "Газовик",

Может быть, вы подключены через S-Video, которые будут производить такие результаты. Попробуйте использовать композитные соединения, а также убедитесь, что вы записываете PAL, когда это PAL, и это то, что вам требуется, а не NTSC. Убедитесь, что проект / программа настройки под параметры, которые вы найдете в файл, устанавливаются в PAL, если это то, что вам нужно, и т.д.

Ура, M O 'L

Man o' Lakes wrote on 5/25/2011, 1:13 AM

Hi Gazovik, like the Russian translation.  You have everything set to PAL, and your player is PAL too?

Also, are you connected via s-video? If so go to composite. On a practical note, if your VHS player has 2 scart outputs, don't share that signal with your TV whilst recording. Connect to the output you use for your TV and disconnect the other.

Also disconnect ALL USB devices whilst recording, and do not connect the device to a hub, but only directly to a USB port on your computer. That won't be the reason for b/w but will give the best quality. Cheers, M o' L.

jacklye wrote on 5/29/2011, 4:01 AM

Hi Gazovik,

I had the same problem, the answer lies in changing the video decoder settings.

The way to do this is when presented with the video transfer screen, click the "Advanced view" button, then the "Hardware and Drivers" button.

This should bring up the advanced settings screen, click the "display" button.

I selected PAL_B option, and also checked the "VCR Input" box, this fixed the problem.

Gazovik wrote on 5/31/2011, 7:29 AM

Thank you. All turned out well. And what are your sound settings?

Hi Gazovik,

I had the same problem, the answer lies in changing the video decoder settings.

The way to do this is when presented with the video transfer screen, click the "Advanced view" button, then the "Hardware and Drivers" button.

This should bring up the advanced settings screen, click the "display" button.

I selected PAL_B option, and also checked the "VCR Input" box, this fixed the problem.