Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 10/1/2012, 12:44 PM

Hi,

You know, new applications take a little while to get used to.  The free windows applications are OK for people who just want to do basic things, and if that is you, then you really probably should have stayed with the basic applications.  The Magix series of applications take you way beyond some of the basic "free stuff" and allow you to add a lot more creativity than what Windows offers.  Photo Story on CD and DVD is not a "horrible" program, in fact it is a very good program for people who are just starting out with making videos with photographs to move to a level far beyond what the free windows application offers.  And no, I don't work for Magix nor do most people on this forum.  I am a professional video editor, and I can tell you beyond a doubt that Magix applications are far more stable, feature rich, and intuitive than pretty much anything out there.

So, your choices are first if you are adamant that you cannot handle the great functionality with the product you purchased and are not willing to take the next step from creating amateur videos to making professional videos, if you purchased the application less than 30 days ago you should contact Magix sales and ask for a refund.

If you want to learn more and get better at creating videos, stick with the product that you have purchased and ask specific questions about the specific problems you are having with your projects.  We are all users here, and we love to help new users get involved with the product and improve their skills.  I would be willing to bet that you won't find a Windows user forum that is willing to help someone who needs experience the way you will find here.

Calm down for a minute, think of what you want to do, and what is not working for you, and simply tell us.  Write in as much detail as possible.  More is better.  Give us your system specs and we will be able to tell you if your system is hampering your ability to do something or not.  I don't know how long you have been using your new product, but there is always a learning curve, and you don't have to be there alone for that learning curve.

I and many others would love the opportunity to help you get more comfortable with your new product but you really need to tell us what you find "horrible" in specific terms.

I could say that the Windows Operating system is Horrible compared to the Apple Mac Operating system, and that would be true, but I am not going to buy a Mac just because it is better than windows.

I hope this helps, and if you want, please feel free to email me directly in a private message.

Good Luck, and welcome to the forum.

George

jmcguire wrote on 10/2/2012, 9:45 AM

Thank you for helping all of the noobs out there (including me).  I edited with Sony Vegas for several years and, while I became somewhat proficient, it was sort of clunky and lacked a little user-friendliness and fun factor.

Now, after a couple years off, I am starting to edit again and I wanted to try new editing software that was more user-friendly and well, fun to use.

I purchased Magix video editing software and I like it so far.  I'm grateful for this forum since the .pdf is a little vague. I'm really surprised at how feature-rich this program is and yet how little the documentation has to offer. Other than this forum, what is the most valuable resource out there to master this program? (explains all of the drop down menu options)

jmcguire

ellyb wrote on 10/2/2012, 10:52 AM

I still have the message on Audio Recording:the selected folder is password protected.Reading all the negative comments about your program, all other writers also complain about different major problems. 

johnebaker wrote on 10/3/2012, 6:57 AM

@ ellyb

This is a users forum not Magix support. 

Making negative comments and generalising that there is a high number of complaints regarding software is not appreciated by many members on here and venting your frustration does not help - many users who can help will ignore your postings. 

There is a very large number of users all over the world who are using Magix products and are quite happy with them. 

Those who are having specific problems come to this forum for help, being courteous and providing the information requested gets you that help

John

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/3/2012, 6:57 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

johnebaker wrote on 10/3/2012, 7:04 AM

@ jmcquire

We appreciate your response regarding the help you are recieving, however it is bad etiquette to hijack another users thread.

John

Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/3/2012, 7:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

nirvanray wrote on 10/3/2012, 7:33 AM

@George,

Dude I really respect you. What a calm and composed answer. You are like the Indian Gurus---never ever effected with anger. Regards.

@Elly,

Dear friend,please dont be so impatient. MAGIX is very usuer-friendly software. It just needs sometime to adjust. I also had the same experience. Iused to wrork with Windows MovieMaker but as I shifted to MAGIX Movie Edit Pro, there were some initial problems, many silly also. But regular practice and guidance from this forum really helped me. Trust me I am also a new comer like you and with time MAGIX has become a really dude to me. And I am sure it will be the same for you. 

And yes just as George said, welcome to our MAGIX club.

Regards.