While trying to edit pics and view the slideshow from that point the slideshow keeps starting at the beginning.

mrsviz wrote on 3/17/2012, 3:03 PM

I am making my way through my first slideshow.  I have successfully completed the effects for approx 100 pics and have been able to start, stop and view the slideshow from any given spot until now.  I have been able to click into a pic and then click on the endless loop button to view how the effect looks.  Now instead of the selected pic showing up the slideshow starts at the beginning.  I have not used the start/end markers so thinking I engaged something unknowingly I started moving them around.  It has not helped.  Also, I don't know if this matters but the "S" is visible on the start marker however the "E" is not visible on the end marker.  When I shift + A to fit a pic to the screen the slideshow begins running from the beginning.  I am throwing out a lot of random info but am hoping it makes sense to someone out there....please help, I am trying to complete this slideshow for my father who has sudden become terminally ill and very near to the end of life.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/18/2012, 1:01 PM

Hi

An educated guess would be that the playback setting option has changed somehow.  Have a look in the program settings for a check box along the lines of  'Space bars stops at current playback position' or 'Playback starts at current position'

(I dont have Photostory but it is similar in many respects to MEP)

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/18/2012, 1:01 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

mrsviz wrote on 4/10/2012, 6:55 PM

John,

I wasn't able to find program settings however thanks to your comments, I did find a "button" that did exactly what you suggested. 

Thanks again,

Linda