Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/29/2021, 4:11 AM

@koshi

If you click to open the Soundtrack Maker do you see the following:

Notice the dropdown options at the top, with the various "emotions" listed at the right.

If you want to check what actual music is saved for PS you need to go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Photocontent\Photostory Deluxe\Slideshow music

In that folder I have 28 separate folders of sounds, grouped in styles.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

One other thought: when you first installed the 2021 version did you activate it and then download and install ALL the additional available content?

Last changed by emmrecs on 1/29/2021, 4:16 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

koshi wrote on 1/29/2021, 1:05 PM

Hi Jeff,

where do I find the option to click the Soundtrack Maker? Will this give me access to those folders/music found in the Slideshow music folder?

I found many folders (39) in the Slideshow music folder, how do you access them in the main application?

I did download all the additions and assume they were also installed. Am I wrong in assuming they were installed?

thanks you.

emmrecs wrote on 1/29/2021, 1:21 PM

@koshi

The Soundtrack Maker is accessed via Edit>Wizards>Soundtrack maker (shortcut Shift+M).

I asked about the additional content because it includes at least some parts of the Soundtrack Maker.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

koshi wrote on 1/29/2021, 2:27 PM

found it. on the "Select music style" pulldown, I have only 5 choices (Classic, Funky, Relaxed, Spirited, Sportive). Since there are 30+ folders, should those show up on this pulldown menu?

how to I get Sountrack Maker to access all the music content in the "Slideshow music" folder?

How can I add the sound track/music that shows in the Soundtrack maker into the upper center window when I click on "Audio"?

thanks

emmrecs wrote on 1/30/2021, 5:59 AM

@koshi

No, I don't think those 30+ folders will show up in quite that way. But did you see, as per my earlier screenshot, the right hand side of that screen with various "emotions" listed? Each of those seems to "suggest" a specific audio track which you can "Preview". IOW, you are not accessing the individual files directly, but rather by making choices, first amongst the "styles" and then the "emotions".

I have made only very limited use of the Soundtrack Maker so can't really comment any further, sorry!

Jeff

koshi wrote on 1/30/2021, 1:58 PM

Thank you.

browj2 wrote on 1/30/2021, 3:30 PM

@koshi

Hi,

There is a big difference between the audio files for Slideshow Maker and Soundtrack Maker.

Slideshow Maker uses pre-built songs. If you look at the files, you'll see the Styles, like Chillout. But the Style is not just music, it includes effects, and there are no other styles indicating the types of music. Select a Style. Click on Background Music. This is where you select the songs to be used for the slideshow. You can load any songs that you want from the Background Music interface by clicking on the Load file button - now navigate to the SlideShow Music folders and select what you want . You can delete songs from the list in the interface (don't delete from the Explorer) and rearrange the songs in the interface list. All Slideshow Maker does is use the songs that are in the list until the duration of the slideshow is done and then transfers this to the timeline.

If you make your slideshow manually, like most of us, then you can select your songs from the Media Pool under Slideshow Music. Open the folders and select the song that you want and put it on the timeline. There is no difference between what the SlideShow Maker does and what you could do manually - except that you can decide up front exactly where you want to put the music.

Soundtrack Maker is completely different. It uses Soundpool Loops with Music Maker (a variant that comes with PhotoStory) to create a song with the loops. You select the mood that you want and this guides the program to use related loops. You can add emotions at various points and select the mood that you want.

There is nothing stopping you from navigating to the same location from within PhotoStory and using the same loops as you wish. Maybe you only want some drums and an cymbal crash. You can copy the entire folder and put it in another location and create a link to it for easy access.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

koshi wrote on 1/31/2021, 1:12 AM

thank you browj2. I just realized that the Media Pool can be reverted to what they call the Classic View. Once I did that, everything you talked about makes sense. The choices are now familiar to my previous version Deluxe 2018. I still want to play with Soundtrak Maker and see what value it would add to my projects. thanks.

johnebaker wrote on 1/31/2021, 7:28 AM

@koshi

Hi

Just to add to the topic - do note that the Sound Maker loops which come with the programs are only licensed for Personal use.

Soundpools in Music Maker are also licensed for Personal use.

If you are publishing your creations on the Internet and monetisation (including adverts from which you do not profit) occurs then:

1. Soundtrack Maker loops, AFAIK, cannot be used - there are no Commercial use licences available that I can find on Producer Planet

2. Music Maker Soundpools do have commercial licences available - see here for more information.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

emmrecs wrote on 3/23/2021, 2:23 PM

@LouS

Your post has really nothing to do with the original question in this thread and hence, has been hidden.

Please start a new thread with your question, giving full details of exactly what you are wanting to do, especially with reference to your mention of Music Maker since that could very probably raise issues of copyright liability.

Jeff
Forum Moderator