Where do I find "adjust movie" option?

edisecure wrote on 9/15/2009, 11:15 AM
When exporting a video to AVI, I get a message telling me that my output size is not equal to the video and that I can continue or I can edit the movie. I am then told to click on "adjust movie", but I can find no such button, icon, tab option or text listed anywhere in the program, your manual or your online help site. Does this actually exist? If so, where?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/16/2009, 8:42 AM
Hi,

It's true - there's really no command/option that explicitly says "adjust movie". What this dialog is all about is that your video source material's properties and movie project settings need to match the export settings for whatever format you pick, especially with regard to the aspects ratio, as this otherwise might lead to undesired optical effects on your output file. So, check your movie settings (which you can access via the "E" key) for correct resolution and aspect ratio settings. By right-click an video track in the timeline, you can also access the object properties to find out about the details of your source material. If your projects just mixes material of different aspect ratios or uses stuff with odd aspect ratios, this is just by design and you might not really be able to avoid this message and smaller problems.