When video is complete all I get is a BLACK screen

Pamela-Stickler wrote on 11/13/2020, 6:34 PM

Please look at my previous my previous request on this problem that was CLOSED without the problem being resolved: Ticket# removed by Moderator from 10.8.20

When I press Finish to create the .wmv Video all I get a totally BLACK screen throughout the 6 minute video! . There are NO error codes. I had just purchased and downloaded your product a week prior to my email for support on 11.8.20. The program I have is MAGIX\Photostory Easy Version 2. I have had an earlier version of this program before and never had this problem. I used this laptop and just placed the old videos on this laptop last week without a problem.

On 10.13.20 the Support Manager, Name removed by Moderator, in line with Community rules asked me ."To help you find the problem more accurately, please download and run the Syscheck program, it's self-explanatory and you can find it at this web address."

http://support.magix.net/syscheck/syscheck.php?tn=2020101117001499

Due to a very busy schedule, I was unable to try this till 11.8. 20 when I responded with the following:

"Microsoft does not trust this software and suggests that I do not download it. I have an old version of this program and never had a problem with it! Why is this new version so much trouble!!!!!"

I did not hear back or notice that the TICKET: was CLOSED till today!

So I am submitting this again because I have this product that will not produce a VIDEO that can be viewed.

I am very upset and not happy with this product.

Please address this problem and let's FIX IT!!

Thank you, Pam r

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/14/2020, 5:31 AM

@Pamela-Stickler

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for Magix Support since no Magix staff regularly visit here. Just to be absolutely clear: forum moderators are not Magix employees.

As a result, no-one here can help you; we are fellow-users so have no access to any support ticket you may have created. I notice you say that Magix Support asked you, on October 13 this year, to download and run the SysCheck utility. You admit you did not do anything about this until November 8 this year, by which time the support ticket had been closed! That would happen automatically because you did not reply to the original request within a reasonable period of time. (The SysCheck utility is actually updated quite regularly to keep it "up to date" with computer changes.)

As to that Microsoft warning: it is entirely safe to ignore it, as long as you are using the Magix-supplied link to download the utility. I suspect the frequency of updates to it mean that there is no way Magix could ask Microsoft to certify it as safe!

So, you need to create a new Support ticket, you will almost certainly be advised to download the SysCheck utility, which you should download and run as quickly as possible. Once Magix Support receive all the data from it they will review it and then get back in touch with you to at least attempt to help you to resolve the problem.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Pamela-Stickler wrote on 11/14/2020, 8:50 AM

Jeff,

Thank you so much for the information. I was unable to find how to create a Support Ticket again. All support lead me to this forum. I would appreciate any information on how to create the Support Ticket again.

Thank you again, Pam

emmrecs wrote on 11/14/2020, 9:00 AM

@Pamela-Stickler

Thanks for the additional information.

Use this page to create your new ticket.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Pamela-Stickler wrote on 11/14/2020, 9:08 AM

Jeff,

I just tried that and it bring be right back to this site. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Pam

emmrecs wrote on 11/14/2020, 9:52 AM

@Pamela-Stickler

Hmm...

I just clicked on the link in my last post which took me, after log in, to this:

I clicked on the highlighted boxes.

I then selected "Photo and Design" on the next page, then "Photostory..." on the next. This produced a suggested solution which was no use (!) so I then clicked on "Search for other solutions". On the next screen I typed "Black video", which opened a page of suggested answers, at the bottom of which was what you want:

I think we all understand the frustration of "new" users attempting to navigate the very circuitous system, but eventually you will arrive at the page you definitely need:

HTH

Jeff