when i try to enter programme i am told that a copy of this programme already exists and if i run it i could lose or cooupt information . PHOTO STORY ON DVD 2013 DELUXE

ray.raymondrobson wrote on 7/23/2014, 6:05 AM

we have already installed magix photostory on dvd 2013 deluxe on windows7, it worked. when we tried to use it a few days later it came up with a message saying that this programme was used on this computer, and that if we tried to proceed we risked damaging cds, and losing information etc. we have tried to access programme several times since and the same message keeps repeating.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/23/2014, 1:27 PM

Hi

This message usually means you tried to start the program twice.

If Photostory is not running and you get the message when you try to start it then try this:-

Right click the Taskbar at the bottom of the WIndows screen and select Task Manager.

Depending on your version of Windows look for the Applications tab (Windows 7 or earlier) or  Processes tab (Windows 8).

Under Apps / Applications you should see if  Photostory is running - you can shut the program down from here by clicking on it and then selecting End task.

If the program is not running under Applications then check the Process tab / section

If Photostory is running there select it and then click End Process or End Task.

You should then be able to start the program normally.

Restarting the computer should also clear the problem.

Also check in Windows mouse settings that you do not have the mouse action set so that a single click launches programs - double clicking will try and launch the program twice if this is set.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/23/2014, 1:29 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.