When does the activation notification email for Magix Website Maker go out?

repairmaster wrote on 1/15/2015, 12:47 AM

I 'purchased' the free Website Maker.  How soon is the email with the activation codes sent?

It says I have 4 days to use it.  In one place it says I will receive it shortly, but in another place it says it has already been sent (for new accounts, website maker, etc).

This was many hours ago.

Last week there was a similar situation in which a response did not arrive.

I the email suppose to be immediate, or does it have to process? (Is the instructions a typographical error?).

Have any of you had similar delays, or missing activation code notifications?

Will the code be forthcoming?

I tried logging in again as suggested on the screenshot I captured of the transaction page to re-read later.

It has not arrived at my email address; spam or filters, etc not relevant.

Regards,

Mr K L

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/15/2015, 7:47 AM

Hi

. . . . It has not arrived at my email address; spam or filters, etc not relevant. . . . .

If you are using your own email client eg Outlook etc then your filters may not be be, but your Internet service providers (ISP) will be - have you checked their spam filtering has not stopped the email getting through?

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/15/2015, 7:47 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

repairmaster wrote on 1/15/2015, 2:03 PM

Thank you John for your quick reply.

I have no spam filter; all filters turned off (I'd rather do my own sorting for reliability and other reasons).

My email is web based (Yahoo); so it does not eliminate the possibility if the email is rejected at the mail servers (improperly formatted, etc).

Can I assume since your reply only mentioned email filters; that the Webmaker instructions are correct that the email is sent relatively immediately? (has been about a day now and did the 'retry method' suggested in the instructions for if email does not arrive).

I did the retry from the software Photo Manager 9, 'Online album' button, that then generates a log on window. (Is that wrong way?)

I have also been on the browser on log on pages too, with no additional activation emails being received yet.

If I try, to register new, it says email address already registered, and also my password for here and other Magix sites/operations works properly).

I get "The desired website could not be found."...

Unrelated question (since you are a mod),: Q & A is intended as peer-to-peer?

I also assumed forums are expected to be peer-to-peer interaction.

I encountered another related post in which you told a poster that they should not use Q & A to seek customer support, that it is intended as peer-to-peer idea and help sharing.

Also, I did an extensive related search prior to posting this and 95% or other posts regarded situations in which the poster already had the codes, and had other issues using the code or changing computers, etc.

Regards,

Mr K L

original poster

johnebaker wrote on 1/16/2015, 1:38 PM

Hi

The email should have arrived within minutes.

. . . . I have no spam filter; all filters turned off . . . . My email is web based (Yahoo) . . . .

AFAIK you cannot turn off the Yahoo spam filters and the filters available to the user are for sorting incoming mail to various folders.

The only way, that I know of, to bypass the spam filters is with a filter rule.  Have you ceated one to do this?

John.

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/16/2015, 1:38 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

repairmaster wrote on 1/30/2015, 1:25 AM

Thanks again.

Technically, you are absolutely correct.
I did not want to get into a big explanation regarding how I have my filters set up, suffice it to say I defeated them, as I used to be a pseudo-professional spam reporter/ analyzer. (including curbing some 419 operations and a Thank You response from an Attorney General regarding an illegal pump-and-dump stock scam).
Yahoo officially told me the filters can't be bypassed, after months of inaccurate customer support... (but there is a work-around).

The only thing I can't double-check is if I managed a rare typo in my email registration, as I have had I think 3 registrations; one for the camera bundled software, one when I attempted to get the Website Maker. and one when I used the Q&A...

Since your last reply, I contacted support, which told me they went ahead and activated my Website Maker.
However, I tried it before writing this (Photo Manger 9 => Online Album), and I still get an error that the personal website does not exist or login is incorrect.
I will try 'forgot password' just incase support used a temporary password activation.

OK, re-read the support email for clues; think I solved it.
I now see the 'Magix Website Maker Free' that was not there before, in the control center...
Some of the confusion is that there is 3 Magix domains, and (without the email) did not know where to look for the new service... (magix-online.com).
The activation email never came, and support emailed me at this email address, so it works unless there exists a typo in one of the three registrations...

I expect it will work now after I do the Website Maker process...

Thanks again for your quick responses, will post back if solved,
Mr K L